Highest B You've Climbed?

W/WO pro?

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

This is why it's called "Dorkzone".............

Climbing stuff... IDK

He said (Pm quoted):

With PROTECTION/BELAY (i.e. Friends/Hex's+belayer) or totally free to the EP.

Back when the Frat Boy types started invading rock climbing, my buddies and I started doing buildings in an effort to stay away from those homo's. One easy shit we would just "free" it, and on more difficult buildings we would use nuts/friends/slings for pro, with a second/belayer following the lead climber.

Last I heard this was a BASE forum...

Coco

Last I heard this was a BASE forum...

Coco

No shit? It must take a huge stretch of the imagination to picture one climbing a B (either out of necessity or desire) in order to jump it.

what is W/WO pro?

Coco

Got that one figured out now?

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

They're called stairs bro. And they are quite simple to use too. Look into that some time.

But if you have some difficulty with them, check out this website: www.howstuffworks.com

Coco

Climbing a B?

Been there, done it. As, I'm sure, have a lot of others. But we only climbed to the 16th floor. Beyond the 16th we decided to take the stairs.

Well, it is a possesive noun butt I don'think it was used in the right context.
take care,
space

climbing the outside of a B is not only out of the question physicaly for a majority of BASE jumpers, it serves very little purpose unless in the middle of nowhere, and that is rare with a jumpable building.

climbers 'buildering' usualy draws a lot of attention, from people inside and outside the building. not to good for keeping low profile at night.

They're called ELEVATORS bro. And they are quite simple to use too. Look into that some time.

Coco

fixed it :P

Beyween the body armor thread and this one, this is the dumbest crap that I've ever heard on this forum.......that has gotten multiple responses. Nice job people, keep up the good work.

edit to add: just kidding, I like it, but awesomely bad. all at once.
"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to make that big man cry"

Beyween the body armor thread and this one, this is the dumbest crap that I've ever heard on this forum.......that has gotten multiple responses. Nice job people, keep up the good work.

edit to add: just kidding, I like it, but awesomely bad. all at once.

You might consider taking up yoga with Coco to help with getting past threads like this. Don't stress - have a homebrew!

-NickDG

I said I was just kidding ya pickle sniffer!

I was just kidding again by the way, dork.
"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to make that big man cry"

I said I was just kidding ya pickle sniffer!

I was just kidding again by the way, dork.

Sorry. My bad. Didn't notice the kidding part. Post deleted.

But some people really should take up meditation or yoga to help deal with the trauma of posts they don't like. Relax folks - have a homebrew!

-NickDG

But some people really should take up meditation or yoga to help deal with the trauma of posts they don't like.

Alas, the only people who take yoga are weird-looking fuckers that like to show off just how weird they look. And smell.

Alas, the only people who take yoga are weird-looking fuckers that like to show off just how weird they look. And smell.

That fact was considered before making the suggestion. Thanks for mentioning it though;)

-NickDG

David Adcock climbed the exterior of a 970 foot building in downtown Houston in the 1980s. He wore a skydiving rig when he did it. That's incredible since one's balance is changed so much from wearing a rig. He did it twice. The first climb was at night. The second was at noon and he got into some legal trouble. At least he got the jump.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

thats cool... I wonder what would happen and you BASE jumpers would say if someone went and did that today in broad daylight...:S:P

He climbed it with some sort of strange gear involving glass handling suction cups. My friend has video of it. Buildings were so easy to get at the time that the consequences were minimal to the local community. Also, it was more of a stunt than the traditional stealth building jump.

When he climbed it, the building manager kept removing windows to get him. He kept going around the windows. 20 feet from the top, all the cops and building people were on the top smiling and holding a sign that said "you are guilty of trespassing." He pulled a small wooden plank to use as an exit point. He stuck it between the 1 inch deep groove section that separates the floors. He climbed on it, looked back at the cops, gave them the finger, and then jumped. Unfortanately his platform broke but he came out OK. He opened high and flew a deliberate pattern to exhaust the police on foot. He tried to land on a parking garage but he missed. His witless friend tried to grab some of his lines as he passed which would have killed both of them. The cops got him and did the telephone book treatment on him. Quoting from a website: And as for the phone book -- "They hold the phone book to your face and they punch you. That way it doesn't leave bruises. What can you do? Complain?"
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

300m chimney in 27 min.
:P

300m in .5 hour? nice. i did 450m in 57 min one. grrr.

what did the people working on the inside of the chimney say as you climbed past their windows?;)