MyTwoCents

Jump with a HC3, 5 or 7 camera?

Please drop me a PM. Figured this was a better forum to ask than the camera forum.

Thanks

Please drop me a PM. Figured this was a better forum to ask than the camera forum.

Thanks

on that note I can say that HC3 is an awesome camera, but its low light performance SUCKS, and nightvision is even worse. Furhtermore, anybody sidemounting this camera or thinking about it is crazy in my opinion.

What kind of box do you use?

Does the HC3 have an optical or digital stabilizer? Ever had any issues on opening, or during otherwise turbulent conditions?

Have you used it on both slider-up and down jumps?

Thanks

PM me
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

What kind of box do you use?

Does the HC3 have an optical or digital stabilizer? Ever had any issues on opening, or during otherwise turbulent conditions?

Have you used it on both slider-up and down jumps?

Thanks

i dont know about the stabilizer. I know i have no had any issues. My experience is limited to 1 slider down jump and a buddies 1 slider up. The rest have all been skydives. I have never had it skip. But i repeat even with overcast skies I can feeel the colors dissapearing. I use he Bonehead box on top of an Optic. And I think that the box is overpriced for how simple it is. ($183 + ship)

PM me

if it ain't private - then keep it public. Dont hide the knowledge. Unless of course you are the fan of letting the whole forum know that you sent a PM :ph34r:

A friend of mine had a very hard opening on a bigwall wingsuit jump, his HC7 (the one with optical stabilization) recorded the opening with no skip. My HC1 skips a second on hard openings.
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

Hi
I use a Sony HC3, mounted on top of a Bonehead optik. I have about 60 bases on it (SU and SD) and around 200 skydives. I use no box, the setting is heavy and expensive enough without a box. I have had no skips on base so far, even when using the low grade (cheapest) DV tapes. Using the 2 lens wide angle (like the Liquid or the Red-eye) gave me very poor results (smearing on the edge, chromatic aberrations), I use a more heavy (300g) HD specific wide angle (x0.3 Raynox, sometimes x0.5 Raynox).
I think the colors are excellent. I really like the features that enables to get good quality stills out of the HD footage.
My two cents: I think this camera is great for base, and HD is the way to go.
Cheers
Gee
PS: Attached is a pic of "Double D" on his favorite object that I pulled out of the DV frames from a HC3 record, and then reduced to fit on the net.
Talk is cheap.