curiouslykate

East of Atlanta Locals

Lurking forums for a year when you could of been out skdiving... Obviously didn't read enough if you done that.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

I know your post was in reply to GreenMachine, but you may
also have been influenced by Andy_Copland, to which I would
say that if you have been lurking for a year, you should know
better than to let comments like that get to you. :-)

There ain't nothing wrong with doing research.

Pffft, everyone knows not to listen to me anyway :S:P

But it is peeving that i get the slight (maybe jealous) feeling that she wouldnt of got so much attention if she was a bloke and probably flamed.

Hello Curiouslykate,

No bother and no apology needed,
but thank you anyways.

FYI: I am a newbie myself with
only 7 BASE jumps from 1 object.

My post was more about focusing
on learning what you need to safely
skydive so you will be alive in 200+
jumps when it is time to venture
over to the darkside :)
Rigger, Skydiver, BASE Jumper, Retired TM

But it is peeving that i get the slight (maybe jealous) feeling that she wouldnt of got so much attention if she was a bloke and probably flamed.

Hey, I'm a chick and I got flamed when I turned up here all cheerful and asking people "to talk about BASE with me"... I may have gotten an easier ride than you did, but I think I've made fewer mistakes. :D
Looking for newbie rig, all components...

I had a hard time? when? :D

Its the little fact that i also dont believe her, lurking for a year and registered a couple of weeks ago. Fishy to me.

Im bitter when i work for something to see people stroll in, and i got the hard time for strolling in when people had worked much harder than me! but im still 143 times more qualified than this chick to jump.

Christ why can i see my shirt smoking already? :D

Its the little fact that i also dont believe her, lurking for a year and registered a couple of weeks ago. Fishy to me.

I wanted to make sure that it was worth my time to give my info. I can read as much as I want as a guest, I was not going to join unless I was serious about it. I took the time to read post but I was not going to reply to any because I did not have enought knowledge to. I decided to now because I was at the point that I could not learn more by reading, I would need to find someone close to actually talk to, to actually learn more. And for all you out there I am NOT looking to use this for a HOOK-UP, Thank you.
Kate
Kate

Im bitter when i work for something to see people stroll in, and i got the hard time for strolling in when people had worked much harder than me! but im still 143 times more qualified than this chick to jump.

Dude your funny:D

My mistake, i'm not 143 times more qualified to jump than her. I'm a whole 147 now.

:P

Im gonna come back with a differant screen name (I kid I kid) and start from scratch.

:D

***I may have gotten an easier ride than you did,

easier ride, huh? ;)

Why not start with someome here and that way they can see first hand your skills, and then work from there.

I was think that I really don't know anyone local that is the reason for this post. I did find the info for the FARM and I guess that would be a better idea because they are open more than the on in TN, so do you have a recommendation for a Tandem instructor there.
kate
Kate

really don't know anyone local that is the reason for this post

This is getting pretty off-topic for the BASE forum. Go here and find somewhere close to you, or post on the "places to jump" forum. Instructors are certified, so they are all supposed to be good. Just get out there and start jumping; don't fret so much. Remember, "the best is the enemy of the good". Good luck!

edited to add:
You seem to be very concerned to find the "right" people to do your instruction, e.g. someone who also does BASE. Seriously, don't fret about this. It turns out that one of my instructors does the occasional BASE jump, but so what? By the time I have enough skydives to be thinking more seriously about BASE, I will have jumped with everyone at my dropzone and everyone will know my skills and experience. It's only at that time that I'll be looking around selecting people to start talking BASE with; early on, one should only be concerned with acquiring good skydiving skills. Seriously, stop rushing.
Looking for newbie rig, all components...

Why not start with someome here and that way they can see first hand your skills, and then work from there.

I was think that I really don't know anyone local that is the reason for this post. I did find the info for the FARM and I guess that would be a better idea because they are open more than the on in TN, so do you have a recommendation for a Tandem instructor there.
kate

The guy that you responded to is a Tandem Instructor at "The Farm". Maybe he'lll cantact you, if I didn't upset him too much.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

The guy that you responded to is a Tandem Instructor at "The Farm". Maybe he'lll cantact you, if I didn't upset him too much.

I would never mean to offend or upset anyone, and if I did I will say that I am sorry. I just decieded that I might get some helpful info if I posted here
Kate

Thank you! Are You From Atlanta?
Kate

Hi Kate,

If you want to know where someone is from, click on the user's name.
This will bring up the user's profile page. This may contain no information
at all, or it may contain a lot of information, depending.

Cheers!
“Knowing love, I shall allow all things to come and go, to be as supple as the wind and take everything that comes with great courage. My heart is as open as the sky.” -- Kama Sutra

Thanks but the few that I have questioned is because there is no information in the profile. I completed mine I don't care who knows wh I am. I prefer to be open because I am looking for help from others. I have got a lot of help via PMs so If there is still someone in my area that has not contacted me I would love to find more people, I want to get as many points of view as possible. Everyone has a different concept of what needs to be done prior to attempting a BASE jump and I would like to hear them all, I have found the information that I have learned by posting here is better than what I got just reading the back posts.
Thanks again,
Kate