pBASEtobe

Reverse Roll-Over

I’ve never seen a reverse roll over done before.

It sounds like this has a higher risk of a line over.
If so can someone explain why?

It’d be great if someone has a few pictures of this maneuver in the beginning stages or maybe a link to a bit of video of one. Thanks!

Ask Rugai. :ph34r:

Just had to Nick.

- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

i would think that a reverse rollover would be the same or les chance of lineover. the nose is grabbing air on the same side/direction that flight will be.

That's not how you do it! You have to yell "IROC!!!"

Geesh...

dude done it
and did it with a 2-way one Iroc one tard over with a flower grip in the middle

the jumper is ray from twin fall id. and ca.
"A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones ..."

Ok here is a variant and my question is, has it been done.

Setup almost the same as a roll-over / McConkey. Put 1 set of deliberate backwards twists through your risers. So, droop the canopy down in front of you at linestretch. Hold the risers apart and jump forwards hard in a standup position through your lines. The parachute inflates behind you correcting the riser twist.

what i mean is that the canopy is in the position already to start lateral acceleration, and will not have as much adverse inertia to cause lineovers.

hey para why don't you share for the people that was not at TW what was it blooper this year ?
"A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones ..."

My intuition says there would be an increased risk when there is an inadequate/less push off horizontally. I have to condition this with I haven't done IROCs, only rollovers.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Setup almost the same as a roll-over / McConkey. Put 1 set of deliberate backwards twists through your risers. So, droop the canopy down in front of you at linestretch. Hold the risers apart and jump forwards hard in a standup position through your lines. The parachute inflates behind you correcting the riser twist.

The correct name for this maneuver is the "McJJ." It was first done by JJ at the Go Fast Games (unintentionally, or so he claims) in 2003 (?), and has been repeated multiple times in Twin Falls.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

The correct name for this maneuver is the "McJJ." It was first done by JJ at the Go Fast Games (unintentionally, or so he claims) in 2003 (?), and has been repeated multiple times in Twin Falls.

i saw that one. i was 10 feet away on the trampoline. looked, weird. it could have been intentional.

hey para why don't you share for the people that was not at TW what was it blooper this year ?

More of a communications error than anything. Nick's got some stones, no doubt about that. You'd be better served to ask him.

Everyone had a laugh and no one died - that's all that matters.

I let Lanes show me how to do my first tard-over, so I'm not exactly one to judge about trusting Maggot!
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

It was first done by JJ at the Go Fast Games

Damn it! Are you saying more than one base jumper named JJ running around out there?

Later,
BASE864