TomAiello

New Morpheus products on their web site?

I noticed that he Morpheus website has several new products listed (Helium, Razor, Trango, and PF Ghost wingsuit).

Has anyone had a chance to try any of these out? Any firsthand reports on the Razor or Helium?

I know I've seen discussion of the Trango here, and reports on the Ghost prototypes at F&D were posted in the wingsuit forum.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I am the web update guy and am working on getting more pictures on the Helium and Razor up. All the order forms are set up as well as descriptions of the gear and their intended uses. I do know there are few Razors being flown by Robi and James they should be able to give a fair evaluation of the new rigs.

Do you know anything about the chest strap buckle in the Helium picture? Is that a quick release system?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I have seen those quick release buckles on roller coasters before. They look very sturdy!
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

You can email Robert but he had it at Bridgeday. If I remember what he told me its the same buckle they use in paragliding. What he said the buckle itself has more strength than your normal friction type buckle. Of course Robert had exact numbers when he told me but its BD and I dont remember much during that event. Needless to say its not standard. ;)

one of the product descriptions says that it's "lighter" too..

"It can have an optional Quick Release chest adapter which reduces weight as well."

$40 according to the site?

Kathy sent me a high res picture of the Helium. If anyone wants a close up look, it's here.

i'd use it... just wouldnt look forward to someone hitting their chin on opening... :o:o

Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I have that EXACT same buckle in 5 places on my paragliding harness.

it works really well, is pretty light weight, and gives good quick in-out performance when needed.

but i think it should be built into one of the shoulders instead of in the middle of the chest strap. its not adjustable is it?

what's the difference in functionality between the Helium and the Razor?

From what I've been told, the Helium is just a lightweight version of the Gargoyle, while the Razor is specifically designed for wingsuit and tracking aerodynamics and to accomodate low bulk canopies like the Trango.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

From what I've been told, the Helium is just a lightweight version of the Gargoyle...

So why would somebody want a Gargoyle over the He at this point? Articulation?
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

From what I've been told, the Helium is just a lightweight version of the Gargoyle...

So why would somebody want a Gargoyle over the He at this point? Articulation?

Durability? Comfort? Looks?

All of those things can be enhanced by adding extra material, padding, parapack liners, etc.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Gotcha, didn't know that all of those elements had been removed.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Do you know anything about the chest strap buckle in the Helium picture? Is that a quick release system?

Buckle looks identical to the Paragear ones I've used in other applications. The pull-test figures are engraved on the reverse of the buckle, mine say 9KN.

I would add that i use the adjustable ones, whereas the hi-res photo looks like it is non-adjustable. I don't know if the pull-test would be the same for both, but i would imagine it is very close (if not the same).