HydroGuy

Moderator abuse on dz.com

Wow...all I can say. Got my first eye opening example of what so many have complained about in the past here on dz.com.

The following post was made by a DZ.com member. This member's profile states he jumps a Velo with a 2.25wl, lists swooping as a discipline, and has an image of themselves swooping as their avatar:

Granted, it may not be a bad idea to have an ambulance on standby. It would actually be nice to always have an ambulance on hand at every DZ, given the amount of 'beerline swooping' in far less controlled environments, by less skilled canopy pilots

Billvon, a moderator here on DZ.com replied with the following:

Are you saying this because you hate swoopers, or because you think that when many people push the limits in competition, they are more likely to be injured?

There were several ambulances standing by at every Bridge Day I've been to. Was a good idea - because BASE jumping is dangerous. Indeed, the more people that get together and do it, the more likely you are to need an ambulance. Same with swooping competitions.

So, as I pointed out...how can you ask if someone hates swoopers who swoops themselves? Who flies a velo @ a 2.25 wl? Who has an avatar of themselves swooping?

And didn't the person say that having an ambulance was a good idea? I mean, what the hell are you debating? You yourself are saying that ambulances are a good idea at swoop comps and bridge day. He said the same thing didn't he? Am I missing something here?

It makes no sense to me...does it to anyone else?

Imagine my surprise to find my post deleted. There was no personal attack. There was no profanity. And did whoever delete my post also delete the stupid post from the moderator??? Of course not.

******* ********!!!!!!!!!!!

And for the record...this post is in no way a reflection of my feelings towards Tom. I think Tom is pretty fair, has people's best interests in mind, has always been straight with me, and has helped me in my BASE endeavors in many many ways. No debate about that.

But these other guys...what a joke.

Oh well, I like the BASE zone. I have learned lots here, met many friends here, had many good laughs here, and enjoyed just the plain BS that goes on here in my 100's of days I spend alone in hotel rooms everynight while I'm on the road. And I will continue to in my quest for BASE in all 50 states. But the other forums are a joke...and full of jokers. And that is the absolute most polite way I can put it.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

there is no way you are sober right now.
word to your mother,
RJ$$
BASE 1117

I don't care if you are sober or not. You crack me up. I'm sorry you left another forum feeling so abused.

I do think however, the discussion you are talking about was about a disrespectful comment made after a fatality. And as you know, people need to argue about what is and isn't respectful after someone dies.Common decency isn't a trait everyone possesses.
"I'm not sure how it's going to turn out, except I'll die in the end, she said. So what could really go wrong? -----Brian Andreas

There are a lot of assholes in this sport most of them are authority. Or at least we make them thing they are.
Track high, Pull LOW!!!

You might want to read the sections on Topical Posting and Moderation in the rules.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Dude, this is the BASE zone, not the Bonfire, you needed to make a left at swooping, and a right at incidents...if you hit related sports you went too far.
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

I find it kind of funny that someone like Billvon would ask someone else if they hated swoopers...

>how can you ask if someone hates swoopers who swoops themselves?

That's a rhetorical question, and I asked it to point out that people who think ambulances are a good idea at swooping events are not "dissing" swoopers (as Jeiber suggested.)

Having ambulances at dangerous events (like swooping events, bridge day, nationals etc) is a good idea, and might make the difference in a serious accident.

>Imagine my surprise to find my post deleted. There was no
>personal attack. There was no profanity.

It was off-topic. Incidents is for discussion of incidents only; other comments are better made in other forums.

Having ambulances at dangerous events (like swooping events, bridge day, nationals etc) is a good idea, and might make the difference in a serious accident.

No shit. No one said ambulances shouldn't be there.

And if a fatality occurs, then the fatality should be removed in a timely and appropriate and respectful manner...not left to sit there as the fuckhead deland staff members suggested...and JLMiracle(and obviously you) agreed with.

But Jamie is right. My apologies for bringing this trash up here.

And RJMoney was right, he must know me well...I was drunk and I was super pissed when I started this thread.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

your so right moderation sucks if you dont go all the way your only going half way
IM THE COOLEST MOTHER FUCKER IN THE WORLD

Perhaps this will make you smile. happy video <== Charlie The Unicorn
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I have waited a very-long time to do this:

In Before The Lock

That is all

I should so ban you for that... :P
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I've been teaching at least 12 hours per day for the last 6 days, so I'm not really up on this one.

Feel free to give me a call, PM or email about it on Saturday, once I'm done.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com