Base626

Everest/Baxter

I know this is not Base related...but for those of you who know Baxter G. and have not been following his trek. He SUMMITED EVEREST this past weekend.

That just simply kicks ass.

Excellent! Now that's two people I know that have summitted... 1 for each of the last 2 seasons. :)
Incidentally, the other guy is a skydiver too ;)

Was this Baxter's first attempt?

--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

Excellent! Now that's two people I know that have summitted... 1 for each of the last 2 seasons. :)
Incidentally, the other guy is a skydiver too ;)

Was this Baxter's first attempt?

Awesome!!

It was Baxter's first attemp at the summit although he was at base camp last year, I believe.

Check the report and video here... http://www.humanedgetech.com/expedition/ac22/videos/Summit%20Day_0002.wmv

how much that cost (too much for me for sure) ?
nice one baxter
"A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones ..."

Congrats Baxter. We've been following your progress over the last month on your website.

You probably had ample opportunity to beat your personal record for "most days not changing your underwear". At Kjerag in 2004, Baxter went 7 days on the same pair.

Baxter, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Outstanding. Nice one Baxter.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

Two base jumpers on Everest this year then! Alexander Gamme reached the top of Everest last week.

from wjhat ive read somewhere between 74 grand total not including the training prior.. correct me if im wrong

Boy it was cold up on that mountain and small tent but we figured a way to keep warm ;) Congrats to B and he kept all his fingers and TOES.

Yep, nice fuckin job Baxter. Your story now beats all other stories at most any party you will ever got to. No matter what the other guys are tellin the ladies, the ol' "when I was on the summit of Everest" line will probably crush everytime.........cuz I know that's why you really went to Tibet. Love ya dude!
"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to make that big man cry"

Great effort. Well done. :)
I am jealous.

Any time you want to summit in Australia, you are more than welcome.
Just bring your shorts, t-shirt, and Teva's. ;)

Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

Now that I've heard of Baxters training regimine before he even left for this expedition. He's my new favorite super hero.

Caylor
"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to make that big man cry"

Hey Guys-

Thanks for the positive comments! The experience was pretty cool and should pay emotional dividends for some time to come.

I'm still in Nepal, right now hanging out in Namche Bazzar which is about a days hike from the nearest airport where I'll fly back into Kathmandu. Molly and I should be back in the US by the end of next week assuming we don't get side tracked in Thamel! (626 and Spiderbaby know what I'm talking about here ;))

On a base related note, I scoped out some sweet big walls in the Khumbu that I'm making plans now to go back and jump. This place is pretty sweet and untapped.

Baxter.

Nice work Baxter :-)

Congratulations!

-=Raistlin
find / -name jumpers -print; cat jumpers $USER > manifest; cd /dev/airplane; more altitude; make jump; cd /pub; more beer;

What a COOL thing to have with you the rest of your life....B|
WAY TO GO :)

HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

AWSOME BAX...u if any one...to bad u live right down the road and i have not heard from u in a year....i thought social class had no place in our world......peace base762

AWSOME BAX...u if any one...to bad u live right down the road and i have not heard from u in a year....i thought social class had no place in our world......peace base762

OK so the social class thing was out of line sorry PEACE

I know how you feel bro, after getting me pregnant that fucker doesn't call OR write anymore. I think he's training for that damned K2(and snorting coke off a strippers taint).