skyflyergr

how many seconds delay from 100m?

Because that’s the highest “safe” please for my first jump …240ft its to low for me…Don’t forget that I’m a newbie.

100 ft is the highest you want to go, but 240ft is too low?

I think you need to figure out which way is up before you start BASE jumping...

whats the mater with you people ? you dont read well? every body whants to tell his crap... and not realy answears..
100 is in meters.

I'm sick of you... Ok! That ends here.

THANK YOU EVERY BODY FOR YOUR HELP..

whats the mater with you people ? you dont read well? every body whants to tell his crap... and not realy answears..

what is the matter with us?
we are trying to keep you alive and injury free.

we are trying to keep you from making a big mistake.
why do we respect your well-being more than you?

you may have the boldness, you may find the knowledge, but few think you have the SKILL to make this work.

please find the necessary answers via proper TRAINING!
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

Why do you need exact info on a paticular jump if you aint doing it??
------------------------------------------------------------
Because that’s the highest “safe” please for my first jump (if I’m gona doit)

I would say you have other and higher places to do it in.
What really matter is that you do it in a way so you dont get injuryed or killede,Learning from the internet is bad juju(feel free to pm me,i were there my self,therefore i can tell you its not a good thing to do,you have more options).

But I want to see yours (a$$) if you ever decide to climb even 10m without a rope!!!

I dont need to,ive been at higher places whith out rope were i would be killed right away no matter if i had a parachute or not..
Climbing and jumping aint the same,if i confront you that i want to start free soloing whith out any climbing experience and then told you that ive done more dangerus stuff than free soloing what would be your answer?
i bet:
wauu.. im so honnered speaking to one who think his a bada$$,NOT!!!
which means you know more about climbing than i,i therefore should show you that respect instead telling you what ive done elsewere,it wont mean shit to you anyway..

You dont want to know how loong delay you can take off 240ft?
------------------------------------------------------------
No I don’t…240ft its to low for me…Don’t forget that I’m a newbie.

what if you at the exit point realice that the trees below might needs to be conciddered aswell,or the powerlines...
Then that info might be handy to know ...

Jumping off 300ft/100m whith a clean lz can be as easy as it sounds,adding just a few things might make the place the worst place ever..

People reply to you the way they do as you sounds like a person who might gonna hurt your self.. No one here want that to happen..

Taking all the personal stuff out..
as you want to keep your cool climbing sites safe away from yahoos who might ruin it we als protect the exit points from similar people..

Set up another attitude,think about how you want to be confronted in free soloing,then start ask Q´s that simple..:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I just mention free soloing to let you anderstant that I'm not another yahoo...And you made a hole story from it!!!:S
Watever...

well you did act like one...:S

entering a way of life whith not much respect to it will never give you much..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

not much respect !
why?
Because I'm trying to find a way to getinto the sport?

yea right. ok . I'll stay at home.
are you satisfed know?

you told us that your a climber doing more badass things than base,basicly we dont need to worry as you know what your doing..

Because I'm trying to find a way to getinto the sport?

nope becourse your doing it in away that i dont apply

yea right. ok . I'll stay at home.
are you satisfed know?

if posts like this are keeping you home then yes,then i know you int ready..
If you feel for this you should kee going for your goal..
You know one day we might share an exitpoint,when that happens i know you understand what i tryed telling you in this post..

Keep it safe stay alive its all that matters..:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I would recommend practicing on the new BASE video game. Freefall a couple times from 100m, the huck it for real! Don't be a pussy...
Gravity Research Institute

yes. good idea. press x to clear line overs, and tap b repeatedly to kick out of line twists.

or so ive heard, anyway.

no less than 3 seconds is a good solid way to go if u want to play it on the safe side

Hey dude...I have been following this thread and I haven't seen anybody ask it yet, so I will. (or else I'm really dense and missed it)[url]

Do you have BASE specific gear? Or do you plan to flik with your Talon 2?

And man...the people that replied are actually only looking out for your best interests. Even if they don't like you they don't want to see you get hurt.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

HG, I was thinking along the same lines.

I used to think this forum was great. However, the more and more questions I read about which PC to use from 330', do I jump the antenna near my house when the wind is down the wire or between, and the like- I wonder how many people are just getting gear somewhere and just figuring it out on their own, thanks to all the super helpful advice here on dorkzone. (Oh, I hope I don't get banned!)

To the guy with bigger balls than me, who is going at it alone, hopefully in the dark, without a FJC or mentor- is your life really worth that little?

Good luck! (and I really mean that, this isn't skydiving, and it isn't safe...)
Gravity Research Institute

What's greek for dink fucking tool?

Dude....head to Mykonos and go to a bar called Oilcan Harry's East - ask for Davros.

He'll get you drunk on Ouzo, PCA you from a cool E, and you'll wake up with a sore ass.

It makes me all warm and fuzzy that this many BASE purists care enough about the sport to even respond to you seriously after you turned on the dumbass switch. i don't include myself among them obviously. They're nice.

I weep for whatever army is depending on the dramatics and dee Dee DEE you have exhibited.

Darwin loves you mullet, and so does Davros. Now go jump.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

> Why do you need exact info on a paticular jump if you aint doing it??
Because that’s the highest “safe” please for my first jump (if I’m gona doit)

Bullshit. You should be thinking outside your immediate local area for your training, especially if there are no mentors nearby.

...if you ever decide to climb even 10m without a rope!!! ... Now…How told you that I thing I’m hardcore? If you thing so ..its fine by me!!

That sort of attitude is going to get you killed or seriously injured, and everyone here will say "I told you so". Then where will you be? Unable to climb, and no one will want to help you learn to BASE. There are several examples in the archives from the past few months of good and bad approaches to learning BASE. Read them and learn from them.
Looking for newbie rig, all components...

I'm sick of you... Ok! That ends here.

THANK YOU EVERY BODY FOR YOUR HELP..

You seem wayyyyy too think and reckless to base. Stick with the climbing where having balls bigger than brains (probably) won't damage the reputation of the sport.

---------------------------------------
Ex-University of Bristol Skydiving Club
www.skydivebristoluni.com

Other than the fact that gravity will eat you up when you are free climbing - there is nothing equivalent between that and base jumping. Not one thing.

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --