base754

Dynamic Corners

I have been pondering over getting dynamic corners on my Warlock, and wanted to get a few opinions before doing so. I will be using this container for wing suit jumps and would like to hear from people that have experience in this area. I know its recommended, and the theory behind it makes perfect sense, but is it necessary . Also, for those people that have jumped containers with and without dynamic corners while wing suiting did you notice a big difference in heading performance?

Its not necessary, but then again, neither is a 9 foot bridle, or a pin rig. Let me ask you this.....
Why would you NOT retrofit your warlock with this option?
Later
Blair

Its not neccessary, but then again, neither is a 9 foot bridle, or a pin rig. Let me ask you this.....
Why would you NOT retrofit your warlock with this option?
Later
Blair

agreed. I cut my corners on my warlock. i did NOT add the corners as most dynamic corners have. i left it open. in some ways it makes it easier to pack. i also think that the folding corners can cause snags. im not sure though. i dont see the folds as necessary. the rig is designed for the corner seems to be cut.

So you just cut the corners out of the bottom of the rig, interesting. When the rig is closed does it look all deformed, or just like it did before you cut it?

you can tell the difference, but not much.

it looked scary at first, but after the first packjob i got used to it and wondered why i did not do it sooner.

when doing ground launches or rollovers, otsnicercause you can tuck all the flaps between the rig and your body. keeps them out of the way. not that they really get in the way on your back, but it looks nicer.

my rig, and i assume all theones made, were sewn as if this was meant to be done, with seperate trim tape on the side thickness flap and the bottom thickness flap.

i would inspect it for that seem, but i assume that they are all sewn the same.

I really don't have much jumps but dynamic corners seems great to me even if you won't be doing ws base or HP tracking. I visualised myself going really headlow on a sketchy exit and thought that a dynamic cornered rig would let my canopy out in a much better shape. Ouups it was about WS right, so whatever...By the way I think that a dynamic cornered rig without the folding pieces on it presents more snagging risk. They're both very small chance but...