adriano

48 and 46 for 100 meters

I am new in the sport, and I would like to know to jump of an object of 100 meters, which the best choice, 48 or 46.

tks.
InsanoB|
Adriano M. Rodrigues
www.brasilparaquedismo.com.br
55118490-9590

46 or 42 is what I use regularly for 100 m
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

how big is your canopy? velcro or pin? bridal length? jump description? LZ?

I use a 42-46 for 100 meters as well. probably more 46 though.

i am starting in BASE, i get a flik 266 and DP.

Tks[
Adriano M. Rodrigues
www.brasilparaquedismo.com.br
55118490-9590

Tks[

you`d like Troll MDV and DP...

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tks[

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you`d like Troll MDV and DP...

he will like the flik aswell:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Is there any disadvantage in using a 46 instead of a 42 on a 1-2sec delay?
I use a 46 vented for everything up to 2 seconds...

um, kinda. its a bigger PC, so you wont fly as well or as effieciently after opening, it could surge/slow down in weird ways as well.
if its big(the jump), i would use a 42.
46 to me is for low things. or your freind who is to cheap and lazy to own anything but a 40" pc. stupid gilmer.

, it could surge/slow down in weird ways as well.

??? I don't uderstand that statement, are you referring to the canopy surging, or something with the PC? and why?
THanks
Blair

after your open and flying, the PC oscilates from different flows of relative wind.
not only does it fly slower due to the induced drag inrease, but the canopy can feel a lot weirder than with no pc because the canopy has very little weight to it, and is affected easily by a PC at flying speeds. i think the canopy with air in it weighs about 8kg (i guessed, air at sea level pressure is 1.3kg/m^3), and a PC at flight speed can easily create 4kg of force.

this is all after your open and flying, of course.

but the canopy can feel a lot weirder than with no pc

What's weird about that statement is that I would have worded it, "The canopy can feel a lot weirder than with no PC" since 96.1 percent of my jumps used a PC.

It's time now! My time now! Give me mine. Give me my wings! - MJK

Wouldn't the effect of the PC be largely counteracted by the weight of the jumper distributed through the lines, which will be concentrated moreso on the A/Bs due to line trim and distribution of lift? Personally, I can't tell the difference on either of my canopies (245 and 220) between a 38 vented, 42 vented, 46 vented, or 48 unvented. I don't get much flying time to compare the differences though.

If the PC was making that big of a difference, shouldn't the center cell be visibly distorted due to the PC pulling the fabric up and back? I don't think back would be very noticeable, but it would cause the center cell to be slightly narrower when viewed from above due to the vertical component.
A waddling elephant seal is the cutest thing in the entire world.
-TJ

it would be a very small margin of diff, but i notice it.
of course, this is all trivial. jump it twice, one with the big pc and one with the small. see if there is a diff when your looking for it.