autoset

Clair Halliday

I found her profile the other day on youtube, and it says she started BASE jumping at 16 if i remember correctly, now, one should skydive first for obvious reasons and it's recommended that you have a few hundred skydives before even thinking about getting into BASE, Does this mean she started skydiving at what? 15? 14? That is just wow, which DZ would let a 14yr old girl jump by herself?
Hey tell me! I will take my children there for their first jump, lol.

If Jimmy or Clair are reading this, or someone who knows her, can you explain that a little bit?

Another possibility is that she started BASE straight away without any skydiving experience which I doubt but hey it's possible.

Clair entered BASE using a completely non-standard approach. it generated much discussion, which became heated.

simply type "CLAIR" into the search box and you'll get 10 pages links.

have fun reading!

(the goal is for you to develop your own opinion. find out what you may think.)
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

I will take my children there for their first jump, lol.

You should take them to the tattoo parlour afterwards. ;)

Something I wrote earlier, in another thread:

If you find yourself starting a thread specifically about another poster, I strongly urge you to reconsider. Personal threads are silly, usually pointless, and mostly devolve into flame fests. Such threads are viewed with the utmost skepticism by the moderators, so be prepared for them to be removed without notice.

If you want to start a general discussion about underage BASE jumpers, BASE jumpers without previous skydiving experience, instructors and students becoming romantically involved, or any of the other issues in that case, please feel free to do so (or revive any of the older threads on the appropriate topic) in general terms.

To me, this post looks like a rather transparent attempt to bait flames and start a shouting match. I'm locking it.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com