abby

we lost anotherone...

Fatal acc in the artic... I wish thi was a joke,,, Jimmy Hall... f#k!!!!

I dont post stuff often but this is big... I'm sure more details will come later...

are you talking about jimmy halliday?!

please more details or confirmation if true...

please don´t let this be true.... [:/]

andY

I fear and guess abby meant Jimmy Hall the paraglider?

Abby, please let us know when you have more information.

Very sad ... it seems to become more and more ...

--
Eduard

sorry for my missunderstanding before....

condonlences to his family and friends...

fly free!

andY

Wow. I'm shocked.

Does anyone have more details on what happened?

PM me if you would prefer to keep it off the board.

Fly Free. :(

Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

That sucks ass......................

Jimmy was a pretty interesting cat. We did some jumps together in the VAlley in 04, it was a good time with some good laughs.
C'ya Jimmy:(

BSBD

SabreDave

I remember him from when he first started BASE & I got to jump the Eiger with him.

He was a really fantastic bloke and this is yet another big loss to the entire BASE community.

Always the good ones. [:/]

Just got a call from the arctic from my partner at velocitysportswear.com Lee Hardesty, he's on a solo trip and linked up with the Asylum group up there. He verified the story and wanted to make sure that if I heard the news that it wasn't him. He didn't have time to give much information (on a sat phone, limited time etc) it happened yesterday and was apparently a wing suit event-- and he was flabbergasted that it was already in the papers in Hawaii. Part of the asylum group is evac-ing with the body sometime today, they are working out transport today with some of the locals (Levi Palituq, kinda the base outfitter of the area)... he is staying with the rest of the group to help with the climbing... those who know him (and those that have been pulled off of walls by him) know that he is a climbing virtuoso... anyway not a bunch of information, but some nontheless. My condolences, didn't know him, but he sounded like a really interesting guy.

Tom Stewart
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com
What's YOUR Zombie Plan?

Jimmy was the best. He took us out on one of his shark dives, way cool. Such a nice guy.

I remember him from when he first started BASE & I got to jump the Eiger with him.

And that cow kept nudging your pocket for some tobacco and Jimmy was scratching her ears and commenting how that cow was like a dog!

Hanging a bit, jumping a bit and laughing alot, good memories............
SabreDave

nothing to to with BASE.

http://66.180.128.240/news/news8at6/shark.html

Extended Streaming Video
Great White Shark Encounter Caught On Video Off Oahu

Jan 18, 2006 03:31 AM PST

KHNL News 8 Links

HALEIWA (KHNL) While the excitement is building to bring in the new year, excitment turned into terror for a longtime waterman who went face-to-face with the most feared creature
in the ocean right here in Hawaii.

Not only does he have an amazing story to tell of his run in with a great white shark but he's got the pictures to prove it.

Jimmy Hall knows he was lucky. He's been running a shark tour on the North Shore for about 4 years. He's seen thousands of sharks but this is the first time he's seen the great white shark, hands down the most feared creature in the ocean.

"Every time I tell the story or think about it, or close my eyes, it's right there. I don't think I've done anything where the high has lasted so long. I just cannot get over how incredibly fortunate I was to be out there when that incredible animal came by." said Hall.

Jimmy Hall of Hawaii Shark Encounters had a close encounter during a shark tour on Wednesday about 3 miles off Haleiwa.

"And I looked at that, and matter of factly, that's a small humpback whale. That's how big this thing was. When it got closer, it was no humpback whale. It was a white shark, unmistakably".

This great white is a female. Experts estimate her to be about 18 feet long and between 1.5 to 2 tons. Just to give you an idea, that boat she's rubbing up against in the video is 32 feet long.

"I went outside the cage, and just went out mid-water and she was making an approach and I just sat there and saw this incredible fish and just came swimming up, until we were about 2 feet away, nose to nose with that shark, and it swam by and just put my hand by her side and wow! That was really, that was really something!"

Hall hopes this historic sighting helps experts learn more about great whites and clear up any myths.

"If there was such a thing as a man eating shark, that's all the shark would eat. There's so many of us. We swim so pathetically slow compared to everything else in the ocean, they wouldn't do anything else but eat people.

"We were just incredibly fortunate to see this one. Cause we happen to see it, doesn't mean it's the only one that's ever been here."

Hall has talked to local shark experts. They'd like to track where she came from. An expert says the public shouldn't be concerned because great whites are known to be here, but he wouldn't advise anyone from jumping in the water when one is in the water.

Hall was also a well known Paraglider pilot, and there is a lot of talk in the PG forums on this as well.

Hall was the first to skydive with modified paragliders, very inovative guy.

Aloha. [:/]

I met Jimmy last year during my AFF and he was very helpful and motivating. He had a contagious energy about him. Always smiling.

I jumped with him a week before his passing, he was even on my 100th skydive. He was always willing to answer questions and provide support.

I remember one time he filmed be during a mid air collision and said it was one of the funniest things he saw.....I was fuck''n scared.

He was the first guy I ran into at the DZ when I got back from my FBJC from APEX BASE at the Perrine. Always smiling. He was just as interested in others adventures as his own.

He was a humble man.

I miss him. But I know that there is alot more to Jimmy than BASE. More than one can fill on this forum. He touched the lives of thousands.

And he will be missed by many communities

A hui ho Jimmy.

I miss you.

Aloha

Mark Stroeve

Jimmy was an beautiful, dynamic and inspiring man.

Clip below is an amazing shot of Jimmy....Very sad loss.
http://www.seatoskyproductions.com/%20quicktime%20videos%20movposters/reflection.mov
I became better in this sport when I learned to shut my mouth and keep my eyes and ears open.

Just to give a report from Baffin... half of the team is on our way home/hawaii for the funeral. We've made it to Clyde River so far. Jimmy, Chris and I were on a 3 way wingsuit jump when we lost him. I'm so sorry to everyone who knew Jimmy, I'm so honored to have spent the last few weeks with such an incredible man.
"They will soar on wings like eagles..."

Thanks for the update Melissa.

This is horrible news.... so sad. :(

My condolences to his friends, family and everyone involved.

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." - Goethe

I knew Jimmy Hall as a Photographer for paragliding since I was in school and I have one of his shots as a poster on my door for years now... .I´m so sad about his dead. Obi died two weeks ago...Why allways the best? My honest condolences to his family, friends and his crew.

fly free brother

My deepest condolence to family and freinds

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

In the interest of safety, any details?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Fuck that, I'd rather rust.
I intend to die just like my Grandpa,
peacefully in my sleep without a care in the world.

His passengers on the other hand...........

Peace and blessings to all,
Godspeed Jimmy.
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com