Bengel

Tracking Suit - where to put the inlets?!

Hey,
I just bought this rain protection suit in order to make a tracking suit for skydiving out of it.
Can you give me some advice, where I should cut the air-inlets for the pants? The second picture shows my idea where to put them, what do you think about it?
Thank you for your answers and please feel free to give some further advice, e.g. bungees through the pants, swoop cords for the upper part...
Cheers Chris
I'm a British nanny, and I'm dangerous!

Uhm.. With a one piece suit you will have to

A. Put your legstraps on after you put on the suit - killing all effect from the pants

B. Wear your rig under the suit - make sure you unzip before you deploy :S

Yes, thought about this too. What about cutting inlets on the side for the leg straps?!

just cut some holes in the sides for your leg straps to go through, like a wingsuit.
You could check out what phoenix fly is doing, and copy they're design as far as the vents go.

I can't see where the inlets are on the pf suit. Can anyone who knows the position mark them please?

Nice, thanks a lot. They are meshed, aren't they?!
And do you also know, where the inlets on the arms are?

Nice, thanks a lot. They are meshed, aren't they?!
And do you also know, where the inlets on the arms are?

your welcome..they are meshed...
here is a jacket,difficult to see the intake but i have put a yellow mark where it is..but i think it`s way easier to put a bungy from thumb to thumb..but thats me...;)

You cut cut holes for legstraps to enter suit. I've seen it already on one homemade tracking suit for base.

Fido

What do you think about this combo? The pressurized suit has the inlets this way, I think. I'm talking about the dual inlets in the crotch, not the ones on the upper arms and hips (what do you think about placing them there btw?).

What do you think about this combo? The pressurized suit has the inlets this way, I think. I'm talking about the dual inlets in the crotch, not the ones on the upper arms and hips (what do you think about placing them there btw?).

if you gonna make your "suit" effective...you need to do one important thing: decrease your drag..it`s not about getting as big as possible..here`s a very good example of a homemade suit...

So no inlets on the arms, chest, stiffening that somehow (bungee, swoop cord) and only two little inlets in the crotch area, yes?

So no inlets on the arms, chest, stiffening that somehow (bungee, swoop cord) and only two little inlets in the crotch area, yes?

it`s no more difficult than that..;)

or even more easy, a sportsjacket with a bungee and gortexpants with a lots of tracking exercises..
http://folk.ntnu.no/hansho/