RickHarrison

Jump Experience vs. little experiendew

As the last Executive Dir of USBA and given the fact we issue the only Official BASE numbers that started with Carl and Smitty who earned # 1, I can't help but enter tis discusson about where BASE should be going and what it stands for. First Off, it is NOT just the US. Read what Carl wrote on the back of the BASE card. USBA wants to help promote ALL safe BASE jumps in the WORLD, not just the US. In fact Carl knew we had a much better chance for legal Cliffs in Europe because of the NAZI mentality of the NPS for reasons none of us can really understand. Anyway as far as the "spirit" of BASE, I tend to agree with Nick dG. He wasn't there the first couple years like my brother Smitty and I were, but he knew Carl and Jean in the early 80'sand we all felt the Spirit of BASE needed more respect.
It was BROTHEROOD since we were all nuts in the eys of "normal" people,, banned from some DZ's,but were experienced jumpers who figured out how to regtrofitt skydiving gear to buildings etc. . Let them read us, but if they want to contribute, they should accept the responsibility to at least learn what BASE is all about and it's not just parachuting skills.
Rick @# 38
Rick Harrison

Word to the wise brother Rick! I'm not sure what your point is...but you're damn right! "They" may read us...but they will never figure us out. Even though I retired from BASE years ago...unless they BASE...they will never know what it means. It's useless man...you can't tell someone what BASE is...you have to live it!

Respect.
JJ
BASE #573