DaveO

Terminal PC

So what's the latest scoop on terminal PC size. I can still count my number of terminal jumps on my hands and toes. I've used a BR 36" F111 with fine mesh with good results. I just got a 32"ZP AV with large mesh from Asylum Designs which I'm dying to try out. So all you big wall jumpers, what's working best for you?
"When it comes to BASE, I'll never give advice, only my opinion"

stick with your 36"F111 PC, the ZP PC tends to oscilated more than F-111 with terminalspeed....
it`s my opinion..

I use the 32V from Asylum. I like it a lot for terminal tracking jumps (say... 9 seconds+). But I use a 36V for my wingsuit jumps(2 ws jumps w/ the 32V but that's because I had to rip the ws off, grab my packed rig and jump on the heli for another load):ph34r:

I like the 32s because I don't want center cell distortion on opening (maybe it's a myth, but it's a myth that scares me:$).

I use the 36 on the ws jumps to avoid any burble issues; like orbits or hesitations. I also use a 12ft bridle on ws jumps, for the same reason.

Hope this helps. (I only have like 50-60 terminal jumps, mostly ws)

Be Safe.
-Bill

I just got a 32"ZP AV with large mesh from Asylum Designs .....

Yer all good :)My opinion is the 32AVZP works great for me at anything higher than about 1000'. I'm lifting 300+ sq foot canopies off my back too. I use the vented versions with small PVC handle on the outside. Like Sully above, I only change to the larger (in my case 38) for wingsuit jumps.
I think we all used to use 30"F111 before they wore out :o

Have fun!
Blair

Anyone experience any issues with small mesh on thier terminal pcs? I've only jumped large hole.

I use my 38" for 4-7 sec delays, 7+ gets my 32". Its a 280, figure its a heavy packjob coming out, erring on the side of more pull...
Gravity Research Institute

Anyone experience any issues with small mesh on thier terminal pcs? I've only jumped large hole.

I use my 38" for 4-7 sec delays, 7+ gets my 32". Its a 280, figure its a heavy packjob coming out, erring on the side of more pull...

Me, personaly, unless im useing my worn out little dagger 222, i wont use anything less than a 36 on a BASE jump. on my 260vented/zp i wont use anything smaller than a 36 period, even bandit loads. BASE gear just works better if it is extracted faster i think.

I have a SWEET internal handle 36" vented small mesh from Morpheus, and i really like it. for WS and 7-terminal BASE.