base283

the bridle ripped clean off

jolly impossible? huh?

I know your not useing a surgeons knot in kernmantle nylon climbing rope, its just to give example. but the reason i dont use a multi-twist knot of any kind in rigging (rope rigging, not jumping) is the knots in-consistancy. the loops tend to fold over themselves as tensioned, sometimes even abraiding the outside of the rope. it does not 'invert' but it does fold over itself, and sometimes makes the 3 or 4 twists in the primary part of the knot useless to decrease the angle the rope bends.

this of course matters much less as the line gets smaller such as a cotton break cord, but In my opinion, break cord knotting is over-engineered. of course, it does not and cannot hurt.

my load cell is to big for a carry-along, but i could use it for an anchor.

-SPACE-

> jolly impossible? huh?
————————————————————————————————————
Is your load cell capable to record the peak load at which break cord loop broke?
In any case, to do such a test you should put your load cell into the cynematic hain, i.e., between aluminum ring on parachute and bridle, and, again ,same load cell must be capalble of recording the peak force exerted in a split millisecond.
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

Yes, it a German Dynofor.

records real time readings as well as peak readings, can be hooked up to a computer to get a graph as well.

it weighs about 1.5 kg, so carry away is no good.