Andy_Copland

First BASE jump

I done all my apologising on the tower.

Even Steven Segal would cringe given that line in a script.

On the exit point did potatohead say

"hey andy, you're bleeding" and you turned around wearing your bandana and replied

"i aint got time to bleed, cya"

Look forward to the trailer

"ONE humble man.....ONE deadly mission....ONE terrifying BASE jump.....ONE hour to tell the online world.....

Andy Copland (sonic rodeo 147, muff 3974) is.....

ONE...A....BE"

loving it.

You guys sure criticize PotatoeHead alot.

I've never met the guy, but the only reason I'm critical of him is because (i heard) he failed to appear at his court date for the previous base jump he was busted for.

quote from "base ethics"

Cooperate with authorities and accept their rulings. If you think the rulings are unjust, attempt to change them through legal means. Unless safety is in question (i.e urgent medical treatment is required) try not to associate jumping activities with any authority.

and I personally think running from the law causes more problems for the community then not. which sounds worse:

1) base jumper convicted of tresspassing (etc, etc..)

2) base jumper brought in after missing court date for tresspassing

man up and take the punishment.

steven segal just happens to be a very good friend of mine.
when i tell him what you just said, he's gonna go all chuck norris on your ass.
steven segal NEVER cringes. EVER.

steven segal just happens to be a very good friend of mine.
when i tell him what you just said, he's gonna go all chuck norris on your ass.
steven segal NEVER cringes. EVER.

Not even after eating an entire Cheese-wheel??
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Actual Laugh out loud.
Class Ian, class.

Tater is my friend and if that makes people take a dislike to me then they show lack of moral fiber.

The rhetoric that people fling around on these forums is downright scary. If you have some time, I'd love to see a more cohesive argument for what you just wrote.

It's not an argument, it's just what he says.

Remember, people can change. And, in the end, what you may have experienced with someone may be totally different from what someone else has experienced with them. That's real life, and in this case it is Andy's real life experience. He's not a part of a collective, he is an individual. I think this thread has established that pretty well.
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

Tater is my friend and if that makes people take a dislike to me then they show lack of moral fiber.

The rhetoric that people fling around on these forums is downright scary. If you have some time, I'd love to see a more cohesive argument for what you just wrote.

It's not an argument, it's just what he says.

An argument can be a discussion, but the word has a second meaning - it can be a set of statements, one of which is the conclusion, and the others are premises. The premises provide support for the conclusion. In other words, the conclusion asserted to be true on the basis of the premises.

In this case, the premises were:

• Some people can dislike a person just because he is a friend of Tater.
  • Tater is my friend.

Then two conclusions were made:

• Some people dislike me.
  • Those people lack moral fiber.

The first one is valid based on the premises. The second one does not follow from the premises alone and is therefore rhetorical. Unless Andy's concept of "moral fiber" has a different meaning than the one I know.

I didn't say that Andy was right or wrong. I merely asked him to extend his argument with additional steps so I could understand where his second conclusion came from.