Andy_Copland

First BASE jump

Because im living at the DZ in a foreign country and ran myself flat broke, just so i could get this opportunity.

Im all packed ready for sunset load, if you can think of a better way i should spend my time id like to hear it.

packing for money.

Are these comments really going helping a new jumper in the uk.
The point of no return what a rush.

Are these comments really going helping a new jumper in the uk.

no.

has dorkzone ever helped anyone? (that's was a rhetorical question)

Im all packed ready for sunset load, if you can think of a better way i should spend my time id like to hear it.

stop begging for attention get off the internet, go outside and learn something.
my hovercraft is full of eels.

has dorkzone ever helped anyone? (that's was a rhetorical question)

dude.. remember the spermicidal foam on our canopies, dorkzone saved us there!
Nathan

arent you the guy who static lined his rig from an antenna (sensitive site) and then left it hanging from a tree in the sun for a week?

This is not about me,,,,,(ps)Yes i did, but now i put the rig on, every one make's little mis-haps along the way or am i the only muppet on the planet.

and then you begged for your rig back accusing the people who got it down of theft?

Begged, no asked nicely because i,m a nice person.

Begged, no asked nicely because i,m a nice person.

i apologise dan , ive just checked the thread.

http://www.basejumper.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=400&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

and you did ask nicely.

edited to add: im not surprised to see you in this thread desperate dan, when i read andys first couple of posts it reminded me of you.

The only thing i recovered was was a sense or humor,impressively never returned it to date ,it was a nice canopy;)THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME.

but did you learn anything? do you listen now?

Well done lad. I know that you've wanted this for a long time- :)

but stay safe and dont stop listening:)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Thanks Tony :)

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

What the northerner said. See you soon

Thanks for the personal attack. I think that tells me enough about you.

Fair one, but forget that this is about you for a minute and consider that there may be (many) other jumpers thinking the same, who can't be arsed tapping it out on the internet.

Cummulatively, they know a lot about enjoying and staying alive in a very dangerous sport. By displaying poor judgement, you will exclude yourself from the opportunity to jump with and learn from them.

Congrats on making your first BASE jump & still being alive. I'm happy to admit a sneaky admiration that you found your own way, regardless of the fact that you must have known it was seriously stupid. I also like the fact that you're not debating that aspect of it. But please understand that risk management is the way forward: accepting that something is dangerous and taking responsibilty are *not* the same as sticking your head in the sand and blindly taking pointless risks, with no visible benefit.

And you must have known when you stepped off, with a known piece of shit on your back, mentored by a known cunt that if you went in, all and sundry on the generic handbag.com would be saying told him so; what a spanner. ;)

You've still got options now:
a) Tell us all to go fuck ourselves. Revel in being a renegade amongst renegades. You'll find your own way and nothing will get in your way.

b) The longer, harder, safer route: work long and hard on getting more skydives and turning your reputation around.

Good luck with whatever you chose.

I look forward to jumping with you in a couple of years time, if you're still alive. :P

It was the actual bridle that tore from friction (on the tower). Not the connection.

You were PCA'd, and somehow the bridle wrapped around the tower?

What do you suppose caused that? Do you think this indicates some sort of problem with the equipment? Or the configuration? Or the choice of technique for the jump?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Are you WI-Fly in disguise ????? Or just his twin brother from across the pond ......

Oh yeah congrats on doing something that is inherently unsafe in an unsafe manner.
Jay Epstein Ramirez
www.adrenalineexploits.com

PCA'd from about 325ft and the bridle ripped clean off.

I do not understand what happened with the bridle. it sounds like you are using different vocabulary than the rest of us. (or I'm clueless...) instead of posting here, maybe spend your time reading a bit more.

you will be treated harshly for entering the sport as you did. it contained elevated risk. many before have done the same, and now do everything they can to prevent it. you'll understand after assisting in the rescue of multiple friends...:(

please stay off Nick's list!
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

Come on peeps give the man a break. He's chuffed to fuck about doing his 1st BASE jump and joining your club.
Instead of flaming him, why not be pleased for him and bring him on safely? (I Do know that some people have privately given him good advice in the past).
He's just starting out, as you all did once.

Anyone here not made a mistake? ... yeah, thought not.

No one is goint to heed advice given through a PA or a flame.. so why bother slapping your keys?

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Well done lad. I know that you've wanted this for a long time- :)

Just how long is that exactly?
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

What the northerner said. See you soon

Ahh, great, Dangerous Dan's eminently qualified ground crew...
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live