KrisFlyZ

Z1(or other full face helmet) for freeflying

I use my Z1(purchased new mid nov 03...~70 jumps) for sitflying and everytime I go from the sit to belly (breakoff) the visor opens a few inches. I close it and pull and have no problems. Yes this has happened on the last 5 jumps. I did ensure in the plane that I was locking the visor down fully.

Anyone else had/have this problem?

The only helmet I have is a Z1 which I use for belly and freefly. The only times I've ever had it open are when I haven't closed it properly in which case I close it during freefall and it's fine. I've never had the visor open a few inches when going to belly like you describe though.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

i use z1 for speed skydiving and i have transitions from the full dive (up to 300 mph) to flat and never had any problem with my visor. i bumped the open visor once against door frame of the plane when i was getting into the plane. after that it would become loose where it's connected to the hard sheell, but even thought i never had opened in freefall. recenlty i replaced the orignall plastic screews with regular metal bolts but i didn't have a chance to jump it yet.

stan

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum