outrager

Hybrid L/D+ and Trango: quick review

Yo!

Finally got to fly a sweet little toy. I will be short: if you don't get one for this wingsuit season, you may as well cry yourself to bed and take up golf.

It is anywhere from very painful to downright impossible to fly a normal monster rig after you have seen the light ;)

bsbd!

Yuri.

sweet....i`m waiting for my trango/razor to arrive...B|

BTW...how do you like this canopy comparing to a Troll...opening,flare..etc..do you have large mesh slider?..size of pilotchute???

Ghost...

BTW...how do you like this canopy comparing to a Troll...opening,flare..etc..do you have large mesh slider?..size of pilotchute???

I´ve done 11 jumps on my new Trango so far and I am very convinced.

Openings are nice and on heading.
It has slightly different flight characteristics than a Troll, but the canopy is very comfortable to handle.
It doesn´t stall abruptly in deep brakes and the flare is very precisely.

I tried to do some precision landings and landed every time there where I wanted.
On one jump I was blown away by the wind at the ITW and had to sink into a tight shitty landing area which was absolutely no problem, and that´s what should count on a good base canopy.

The fabric is amazingly light and nice to pack, but also more sensitive than usual fabric.
I got a large mesh slider on it.

You wan´t miss it on your next long hike or climb, because you can really feel the weight difference.

All in all: The Trango rocks!!

Cheers, Martin

Have you jumped any of the wingsuit/tracking specific containers form Morpheus (Razor, Helium, WS - Xtreme)?

I'd be curious on the comparison between two containers made specifically for the same purpose, if you can.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Have you jumped any of the wingsuit/tracking specific containers form Morpheus (Razor, Helium, WS - Xtreme)?

The only comparable container is Razor, we had both on the load this morning. I like L/D+ a bit better, both will work great. L/D+ has a flatter top, but the difference is rather small, and Razor will probably get refined to match L/D :)
WS-X is a thing of the past, and Helium isn't really a WS rig (but nice anyway).

bsbd!

Yuri.

I´ve done 11 jumps on my new Trango so far and I am very convinced.

Openings are nice and on heading.
It has slightly different flight characteristics than a Troll, but the canopy is very comfortable to handle.
It doesn´t stall abruptly in deep brakes and the flare is very precisely.

I tried to do some precision landings and landed every time there where I wanted.
On one jump I was blown away by the wind at the ITW and had to sink into a tight shitty landing area which was absolutely no problem, and that´s what should count on a good base canopy.

The fabric is amazingly light and nice to pack, but also more sensitive than usual fabric.
I got a large mesh slider on it.

You wan´t miss it on your next long hike or climb, because you can really feel the weight difference.

All in all: The Trango rocks!!

Cheers, Martin

cool...i must admit i order this package because of the weight...(only 4kg)i`m not a good flyer(yet)..but i do a lot of terminal jump,long hikes...my trango is a 225 and i planing to use a large hole slider together with a 34"F111pilot...i think that will work great..B|

What purpose does the Helium serve? There's nothing on Morphtech. It just shows the Wsx.

What purpose does the Helium serve? There's nothing on Morphtech. It just shows the Wsx.

saving weight, it`s a stripped Gargoyle..
yoy could have the WSX`treme in the same way...

Hello,

i had opportunity to test L/D+, you can really feel & see that you get more performance, specially for wingsuit.
i saw also different very experienced base jumpers using it, they are very happy of it.
ask the monster norvegian tracker, they have tested it in wind tunnel and love it
as the ZAK, Hybrid is the lightest rig on the market. valery Rozov, sam beaugey (who jumped new exit on trango tower after big climb), and others climbers jump it because it's so light.
quality is one of the best on the market, like morpheus

Hello,

i had opportunity to test L/D+, you can really feel & see that you get more performance, specially for wingsuit.
i saw also different very experienced base jumpers using it, they are very happy of it.
ask the monster norvegian tracker, they have tested it in wind tunnel and love it
as the ZAK, Hybrid is the lightest rig on the market. valery Rozov, sam beaugey (who jumped new exit on trango tower after big climb), and others climbers jump it because it's so light.
quality is one of the best on the market, like morpheus

Yes, the Hybrid is probably the best aerodynamic rig on the marked right now...the reason i order the razor and not the Hybrid is 1:razor have a better price plus i got discount on it
2: i like the bridle flap on the razor better than on the Hybrid..the razor have a more stiffer flaps..

Trango - Earl Redfern defined a new route on this 4000 foot shear wall in his twenties.

Good name for a wingsuit.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Quick update: the rig definitely makes a noticeable difference in L/D. Got open over the bar at ITW at what must've been USPA legal altitude yesterday :)
It has also performed very well on some tight sites in Spain. Waiting for the snow to melt on higher grounds...

Another quick update on Trango fabric for your peace of mind. I wanted to see how water landings would affect the canopy, so while we were at Stane's place we got a new piece of the light-weight fabric wet, abused and then sun-dried 3 times in a row and then tested for permeability. It increased, naturally, but still remained much lower than that of a couple of regular used base canopies laying around, including my own Troll.

Does the use of a Trango mean reduced PC size? Or is a 36" still the 'standard'?

Kris.

Does the use of a Trango mean reduced PC size? Or is a 36" still the 'standard'?

I use 38 with normal canopy and 36 with Trango.

More data on the new rig:

Measured V2/Hybrid LD+/Trango combo on an average flight at ITW. Was open under canopy at 440m after crossing the road (Neptune MSL numbers, looking at display after opening, substracting LZ MSL, and crosschecked with my GPS). It means pull at 500m+ (Trango opens slowish). Dont even want to post the glide ratio as it sounds ridiculous ;) Exit to the road is 1220m alt and 1750m distance by GPS.

New rig makes a big difference on Prodigy flights as well, crossed the road at about 300m on the last ITW Prodigy flight.

bsbd!

Yuri.

Thanks Yuri.

Are you jumping the Trango 185?

It must not matter to you at 3+ L/D in the suit B|.

What is the glide of the canopy like?

Kris.