chachi

cost help please

i have a flik w/o multi (100 jumps approx) and an odyssey velcro rig. can anyone help me out with approximate used market value.

I'd say around US$1500, at a rough guess. It depends on the condition, the size of the canopy, and also on the specific characteristics of that Odyssey (they varied a lot from one to the next).

I'd say the canopy is about a quarter of the way through it's life span, maybe more (again, depends on wear). It cost roughly US$1600 new (again, depends on the size). If we say that Odyssey is worth US$500, and the canopy is worth US$1000, that puts us around US$1500.

I'd say the Flik is the more desirable part of that system, since the Odyssey has no manufacturer support, was from a small manufacturer to begin with, and is velcro, which is in less demand these days. You might be able to get more money for it if you sold the Flik separately, or picked up a 2nd hand pin rig to put it into, but you might also get stuck with the Odyssey that way.

If I was selling it, and wanted to move it quickly, I'd price it around $1500. If I wanted more money out of it, and was willing to take a little more time, I'd price it around $1800. In either case, I'd prepare to negotiate.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

thanks Tom. $1500 it is; I have no patience for this sort of thing.