TrophyHusband

jumping from a tree

my wife says it can't be done. i say it must have been done by someone. can anyone confirm or deny?

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

has been done. for sure. i dont have a pic, but it has been done. more than once.

What about the video of the dudes jumping in the cave in Mexico? One of them is hanging from a tree and let's go. That qualifies, right?

There are several jumps in Mexico and France where you jump from the branches of a tree. To qualify as a true 'tree BASE jump' you have to land at approximately the same height as the base of the tree (i.e. where the trunk starts).

I have heard that tree jumps have been done. The biggest 2 problems are branches getting in the way of a clear drop; and other big trees next to them. If they do not cause a problem to jumping then it iseasy peasy, all you have to do is climb it and find a nice exit point!

"just climbing" and 80 meter tree.

iy involves not only a bunch of paperwork as most old-groth trees are protected / in a NP.

but the actualy act is impressive and time consuming.

it involves pilot-lining, jugging, re-lining, repeated a lot. it might take a full day to summit a big tree.

I did some tree work 'arborist' after HS, it was a bitch. colorado old growth trees are only 35 meters. 40 at most.

of course, if someone climbs it first, they could just leave the line. then we jug. weee. jugging is soooo fun.

Never heard of such a thing.

:P

The tallest tree in NSW was also jumped. It hurt...

Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

Tree at exit of Launch Pad??

+ Tree at Belmore F by someone else.
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

There is 1 tree in the oregon/California region that I am looking at... 350+ ft. But it will involve some "paper work" and a bit of climbing gear...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

what i'm taliking about is jumping from a tree that is on relatively flat land. there are some big fucking trees out there and i would think that they would be irresistable to someone who had the proper skills. i would love to see pics or videos, but as mentioned, most of our biggest trees are located in national parks.

www.kjandmegan.com

what i'm taliking about is jumping from a tree that is on relatively flat land. there are some big fucking trees out there and i would think that they would be irresistable to someone who had the proper skills. i would love to see pics or videos, but as mentioned, most of our biggest trees are located in national parks.

Yes. As mentioned above, see Rob Fry on the ABA video.

Big tree, flat ground.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Tree at exit of Launch Pad??

+ Tree at Belmore F by someone else.

Nah, it was some big coconut/palm looking tree if I recall correctly. Whatever it was, it was reasonably big :)

thanks for the link. that tree looks very much like the one i'm familiar with that sparked my original thought.

www.kjandmegan.com

That video was great....enjoyed that alot, he seemed like a right laugh.
Although that canopy/bike entanglement...:o

Tree jump looked good as well...
But how would you get a Horse up there Meekerboy??:D