iiro

Jeb's and Luigi's wingsuit flight under the Christ Statue in Rio

Ralph...in response to the following quote...

>People were Proximity flying as you call it way before sub-terminal was released
They were doing it before Rob miss judged the ledge in Norway>

I'm pretty sure you're talking about Rob Tompkins...and knowing intimately the circumstances surrounding his final jump...all I have to say is: The only thing Rob Tompkins was flying proximal to was his EGO before he POUNDED into the talus.

In 2003, Rob and I both had a summer of proximal flying from the cliffs of Norway...along with Espon, Bjorn Magna, Paul Fortune, Jeb Corliss, Yuri Kuznetsov, etc. Proximal flying has been around...it just keeps getting more and more advanced with skill and equipment improvements.

Luigi killed it on the Christ jump! If only DW would have kept flying after touching the rail at Royal Gorge...;)

JJ

and the idea that he made it due to his "calm, clear-headed and fast response" is a bit out there.
-----------------------------------------------------------
what do you means it is bit out there, he has not been wingsuit that long but he has been in the sport for long time he knows how to fly he know his canopy, hell of longer than 5year like you. remember one thing it only take one mistake no mater who you are. if the jump went smooth you all be like that was great, one thing go wrong you all are like sharks. lets all just make some jump and enjoy life.
"A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones ..."

if the jump went smooth you all be like that was great, one thing go wrong you all are like sharks. lets all just make some jump and enjoy life.

I'd agree, if they had NOT released video.

the release of the video draws attention to ALL of us. it thus impacts ALL of us. (it is hard to pass or enforce laws against an activity of which you are unaware...)

this discussion is how we use "peer pressure" as a form of "self-regulation."
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

...hell of longer than 5year like you.

Are you familiar with the respective proximity flying experiences of the jumper under discussion and the jumper you are responding to?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

just like robi say han shoud be really good wingsuite flyer. do hans know any thing abut luig ?
"A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones ..."

If only DW would have kept flying after touching the rail at Royal Gorge...;)

Hard to keep flying without your legs.
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

Sloppy flying plus tree grazing plus poor opening technique equals total clusterfuck in my opinion. The coolest thing about this stunt is the motherfucker who fell on his ass at the top of the escalator during one of the fly-bys.

Like Robi said (and I said in the wingsuit forum): if you want to have maximum power and range as you pass an object then you need to dive down to it and flatten out as you approach it from the rear. Sinking down to an object is assinine.

Flame on, Cherries.

thanks for stepping in SM1!
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I'm pretty sure you're talking about Rob Tompkins...and knowing intimately the circumstances surrounding his final jump...all I have to say is: The only thing Rob Tompkins was flying proximal to was his EGO before he POUNDED into the talus.

speaking ill of the dead, or anyone for that matter = bad karma [:/]
sucks to femur in ground launching eh

When did this degenerate into a "Huh.., so how many jumps have you got.."-thread?

I thought it was about what we think is cool to watch online and what is not (regarding snittflyging in this case). Through setting a standard to what is appreciated, we might inspire people to achieve control before recklessness.

The leap into modern proximity ws-flying was done by Jean-Loic Albert a couple of years ago. To discuss others influence on proximity flying without mentioning him is strange. He is the reference to all proximity flying in Norway. But it should be mentioned that he is almost doing another sport compared to, VKB, Jeb, Luigi and the rest of the basejumping community. If you want to see the future of what is actually possible to do with a WS(with perfect control), you should look to France. When Loic has done something, you do not discuss it, you just try and learn.

Fly low, pull high....VKB#7

http://www.fatsnake.com