piisfish

Rumors about the Mushroom...

Super recent rumor, supposed to have happened around the last 10 days...

2 swiss guys and a french guy climbing to the Mushroom, with inadequate equipment (no winter/mountain gear) stuck in the middle somewhere, couldn't go up, couldn't go down, and called the heli-rescue to get out of there...

Yeah yeah, Helicopters are here to rescue people who are in danger, who are injured, not morons who go climbing in sneakers in the mountains at 3k+ meters with recent snowfalls.

If you want to jump from that place and you don't have the gear, choose a better period or do it the tourist way with a helicopter to go up, not to go down.

:|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Yeah yeah, Helicopters are here to rescue people who are in danger, who are injured, not morons who go climbing in sneakers in the mountains at 3k+ meters with recent snowfalls.

I don't agree. I think that is exactly what they do most of the time. Misjudging or underestimating the situation is what is cause of most of the alpine heli rescues.
I think it is not fair and expedient to speculate if it is only a rumor and if you don't know the facts about this incident or if it happend at all.
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

that is exactly what they do most of the time. Misjudging or underestimating the situation is what is cause of most of the alpine heli rescues.

it's not because that's what they do most of the times that it is correct.

BASE jumpers should know better. They are not (or should not be) uneducated tourists. They know (or should know) the risks and the necessities and requirements to go high mountain climbing.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Yeah yeah, Helicopters are here to rescue people who are in danger, who are injured

the 3 guys were in danger or maybe injured... the danger comes if u are a moron and go on mountains without good equipment. it`s better to have 3 basejumpers rescued than 3 basejumpers dead on the way to an exit point

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

avoid to comment rumors on any forum. recent comments on DZ.com about hungarian killed base jumper was perfect example how wrong all can be.
comments based on rumors are pointless.
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

Where is the Mushroom located? A friend gave me an awesome poster of a BASE jumper jumping it, that he found a a garage sale, and I have always wondered where it was located.

I know we're not supposed to name objects and all but I figured this was more than likely a legal site...

Thanks...

Edited to say... Tom, is it okay for me to take a picture of this poster and post it on this forum? It's a pretty awesome poster...

BATMAN - (A.K.A. SBCmac ...)

Yes, it is. The poster you are thinking of is an Ikea print. I bought two at the Ikea in Vancouver. ~TA

Thanks Tom...

So why are you spoofing my account... Is this by accident?

Edited to say... Okay... I get it... I apologize for naming the location...

Jesus Christ (let him) post the poster already. :S

He's free to post the photo. The post I edited didn't contain the image.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Thanks Tom...

Attached is the pic of the poster...

I have it on google earth, will take a look when I get home.

laters
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Here is a camouflaged version B|

:D:D:D i instantly got the mario bros theme song in my head. quite funny.