dride

Go Fast X-days Rotterdam, Holland

Ive uploaded a promo I had to edit for GoFast.

Great video Jarno!

Almost as good as mine from last year...:P:D:D

Peace, J.

To be fair, I think you're forgetting that it's a sponsored event to build brand awareness for a product. Behaviour like that is incompatible with the image they're trying to build, so it makes perfect business sense to cut and run. The decision would be a commercial one, not one to "punish" any jumper.

On another note, great footage Jarno!
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

I know he is not a bad boy.
He did not have his day.
I know Wim well,....he did give him three chances,....
He fucked up the fourth!!!!
The organisation gave him a lot of time to think.
No worries Bro,...
I know you love me too.

nice video Jarno. nice to hear from you. see you soon.

Great video Jarno!

Is that someone jumping in a KILT?? Schweeet! B|

Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

I was not there. But I have been to quite a few base events.
If you are invited, you listen and accept the conditions. If you have a comment, you voice that politely to the base contact / responsible person. You do not voice your comment in an inapropiate way to the people who allowed the jumping in the first place. Period.
Ronald

I have split off the discussion regarding this event as marketing and publicity for the corporate sponsor. That discussion can be found here.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

To be fair, I think you're forgetting that it's a sponsored event to build brand awareness for a product. Behaviour like that is incompatible with the image they're trying to build, so it makes perfect business sense to cut and run. The decision would be a commercial one, not one to "punish" any jumper.

brand awareness....right...but,....
to invite people from all over the world to push their brand into the light....good idea
we can jump there and they get their event...
good deal....yepp
the question is what happend the next time...
we travel 1000st of miles and we are willing to spend our money for that and then somebody says no jumping because some reckless comedian says the wrong words...?
hmmm...thats not a good idea
i dont say wrong,....only that isnot wise....

the question is what happend the next time...
we travel 1000st of miles and we are willing to spend our money for that and then somebody says no jumping because some reckless comedian says the wrong words...?

Jumping was not cancelled because he sayd the wrong words..

It was cancelled because he did some things (jumpingwise), that where against the few and simple rules the event had. And then, even after being warned several times, repeated it again and again. And then, on top of that, started a whole mess by calling people names.

When you comes to such an event, there's a trade...you follow simple rules, all setup to keep te event as safe as possible....and they allow you to jump an object. Legaly. And some free food and drinks even.

If you are traveling 1000s of miles to jump, you should be happy that that reckless jumper who did something dangerous/outside of the events rules will probably not be invited next time..

How fun it may be to 'stick it to the man', try and see that GoFast (which in holland is mostly run by people who are skydivers and basejumpers themselves) is only trying to the event fun and safe for everyone.
If you want to be a rebel, dont travel 1000s of miles to a gofast event, but go someplace remote, and be all the rebel you want to be..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

you are right and thats all what i sayed...

but isnt it better to kick out this person during the event and let the others go on???

why shut it all down for all that behave and respect the rules of angagement of the event....
that was the question....

and yes,...cool video;)