dride

Go Fast X-days Rotterdam, Holland

Info? Went to the website but found only limited info. Is it invite only? Registration cost? For those who have been, was it worth it? I'm over in Europe for a few months from the states and would love to stop by, just need a bit more info. Maybe just not looking in the right place.

Anything helps-
Thanks

Is it invite only?

yes

Registration cost?

no

For those who have been, was it worth it?

HELL YEAH! http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=4138&string=go%20fast%20x-days

Maybe just not looking in the right place.

It's not a public event like for example KL. It's a media event and the jumpers are actually sort of 'Go Fast employees' for 1 or 2 days. Therefore I think you won't find any more info on registration etc. than that you did so far...

As far as I know all slots are full for this year's edition [:/]

J.

Although disappointing :(, this info helps.

Thanks again

Send me a PM, there might be some possibilities.

Ronald

Tomorrow the Rotterdams X-days are on!

Good weather promised..Have fun!

(the X-days video-monkey)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

:(
200 jump limit my arse ....
would have loved to have come...
Any last min slots left??[:/]

The event was a huge succes.
Quite a few jumps where made, including some spectaculair ones by Johnny Utah, and Johan V, all the way from the top of the euromast, passing the main balcony while still in freefall!

Too bad the jumping was cancelled halfway through the second day due to someone badmouthing several people within the organisation..

I should have a short promo (for GoFast) online before friday.
And a bigger (base only) video for you guys which should be done in a week or two.

If you supplied any video the past weekend. Please PM or email me your name. As the organisation didnt have all the names of jumpers with camera for me, and I want to give proper credit to everyone.

Ive also recorded a few TV items on the event. Ill try and include those in the event video as well.

Cheers
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Too bad the jumping was cancelled halfway through the second day due to someone badmouthing several people within the organisation..

WTF!? :S
BASEstore.it

seconded... WTF?!
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Name and shame....>:(

I hope (figure of speech) mothers, daughters and deadly diseases were mentioned. Otherwhise it would be rather ridiculous to call off an event for everyone because of someone badmouthing. Lol...are they professionals or what?

Then again I dunno what happened.

I think in an area such as 'public' BASE jumping....
doing absolutely anything that goes against the BASE 'whuffo' rules of the event isnt very smart.
It might seem cool , radical, non conformist...in a 'fuck the man' kinda way .....
but the consequences are likely severe...

The 'Whuffo's responsible for saying
'yes you can jump it '
just get confirmation of the stereotypical view they prob have of BASE'rs ( young, crazy,reckless etc etc) an probably wont be tripping over themselves to say 'yes' again.
We should be acting quite the opposite way on any public BASE events I think....super concious of image portrayed, and scale down the antics/risks/bravado as much as possible....get off flat and stable..fall...land without incident where we are supposed to..then smile to any crowd

In esscense a person came to the event with the 'intention' of pissing off the organisers by their actions and words. It was the management of the tower who eventually called a stop to the BASE jumping element of the event after a completely dissgraceful act on the part of the jumper.

As to the name and exactly what they did, its not for me to say. Only the organisers, the mentor (who attended), the jumper or the management of the tower should pass comment.

Aside from that issue, the event was successful with lots of jumps and a team of organisers doing their best to get us jumping as much as possible.

That's very philosophical and all, but that doesn't explain what was disgraceful enough to get the owner of the tower to shut it down. I figure it wasn't the lad with his balls dangling in the wind.

Edited to say. Sorry to dwell on the black dot on the white wall. nvrmd

That's very philosophical and all,

Not really is behavoir thats easily achieved and behavoir that should be folllowed if we want 'more' legal BASE events...
Theres nothing 'philosophical' in that

I agree 100% that we need to be on our best behavior at public events. Besides, it's THEIR building.....not yours.
Please post or email me the name of the offending jumper so we can avoid similar incidents at other legal events. Thanks.

I think in an area such as 'public' BASE jumping....
doing absolutely anything that goes against the BASE 'whuffo' rules of the event isnt very smart.

(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Please post or email me the name of the offending jumper so we can avoid similar incidents at other legal events. Thanks.

So in your head the jumper is banned for life, great logic :S
God thing the jumper is an excellent person, and he is most welcome to any event of mine. :P

/Johnnyb

Ive uploaded a promo I had to edit for GoFast.

windows media - 19mb
http://airrebels.com/client/gofast/xdays_promo.wmv

quicktime - 37mb
http://airrebels.com/client/gofast/xdays_promo.mov

Im a bit busy with other animation and video work atm. but Ill try and have a BASE specific (and longer) video online as soon as possible, with more of the fun stuff and a lot more jumping.

When I upload that, I'll also upload the rough cuts (in both PAL and NTSC, broadcast quality) for those that asked, so you can use it in any personal projects of yours..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Are you his mentor who was also at the event?

Nope, i was not there to play with ya all [:/]

No one said he'd be banned from other events. Knowing his name would allow organizers of other legal events to make sure he was there as a jumper rather than a protester.

So in your head the jumper is banned for life, great logic

(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

So in your head the jumper is banned for life, great logic :S

Let's just say that it was a good job he left when he did because most other jumpers weren't exactly happy >:( Besides, he'll probably be too embarrased to show up at another event like that... and, given how incensed Wim was, he's certainly off Go Fast!'s list for that one.
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

this guy didnt act real smart:S, for sure...but.....
to cancle the hole event because one person has not the attitude to participate on legal jumps... is not smart even...
he s a fine guy but this time he fucks up
there was one word given the other and ...BANG
calm down bros....