flydive

Travel Insurance: IHI.com vs. Specialtyrisk.com?

Do any basejumpers have previous claims experience with either of these companies to warrant a useful opinion. I'm looking for about 5 months of international coverage. Right now, I'm leaning towards Specialty Risk, Inc due to their $1M limit vs. $300K for IHI. But IHI has WAY less lawyer-speak in their policy, which is definitely attractive.

Richard

IHI.com ROX, not very expensive, and they paid in full- no Questions asked.
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

IHI is absolutely phenomenal! On top of paying for everything while i was out of my home country (including an immediate transfer from a public hospital to a much pricier private one) , they were friendly and easy to work with and wired the money from all of my expenses back to my account within two weeks of returning home. On top of my fairly extensive medical bills (major surgery, a few days in ICU, another week in the hospital, another week in a hotel), they arranged and paid for my parents to fly over the same day and covered their hotel and expenses as well. On top of all that, they upgraded my return flight home to first class so i would be more comfortable. I sincerely could not recommend IHI more highly!

In fact, i've already purchased their coverage for my next base trip... Italy, look out! :)

-Brandy

What country were you in?

Coco

Malaysia

and like she said in a previous post... if you get hurt there make sure they take you to Pantai medical. The other hospital wasn't even recommended by the staff[:/]

IHI.com ROX, not very expensive, and they paid in full- no Questions asked.
~J

What IHI plan did you have ? Thanks

Single trip.
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"