Tyrion

Yikes, PC in tow/hesi

This video @ 36 sec.

This is probably old, but i thought worth posting as the only one as bad as that I've seen is a video one off an E in Moab called "late-open.WMV" (don't know where I originally downloaded it, if someone can host I'll send it).

looked like the bridal was stuck in the BOC. i really dont like the bridal pouch underneath the PC BOC on the gargoyl, or any other rig if there is any. i think the bridal should be thrown with the PC. so its all out there. it does not take much to stop a PC when its slow and in the jumpers wake. .

The jump after it wasn't much better either
Shane Murphy
www.adrenalinegeeks.com

looked like the bridal was stuck in the BOC. i really dont like the bridal pouch underneath the PC BOC on the gargoyl, or any other rig if there is any. i think the bridal should be thrown with the PC. so its all out there. it does not take much to stop a PC when its slow and in the jumpers wake. .

i don't understand??? there's a seperate set up 4 the bridal in the BOC/PC pouch OF THE gargoyle??? I never knew???

or am i not understanding what you sayin'??

if that's the case i don't like it either! throw it all out!! bridal should be in your "bun"/"mushroom" set up!

later

edit 2 add: motley crue SUX!!!
NPS SUX ASS

i don't understand??? there's a seperate set up 4 the bridal in the BOC/PC pouch OF THE gargoyle???

There's an option for a Birdman BASE Pouch Bridle Retainer. It's not used in a standard application though.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

yes, there is a small cordura pouch under the BOC made for s folding the remaining bridal, it was a cute idea, but i dont like it even for wingsuit.

wingsuits theoreticaly should have NO burble, but they do because most if not all of people cant fly them with a full foil, and i guess behind the BOC there has to be a burble. so i say throw it all with the PC.

Are you talking about the bridle cover? I haven't seen the pouch you mention and don't see it on the website.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Are you talking about the bridle cover? I haven't seen the pouch you mention and don't see it on the website.

Its under the detailed view of the WS Extreme container.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

yes, there is a small cordura pouch under the BOC made for s folding the remaining bridal, it was a cute idea, but i dont like it even for wingsuit.

wingsuits theoreticaly should have NO burble, but they do because most if not all of people cant fly them with a full foil, and i guess behind the BOC there has to be a burble. so i say throw it all with the PC.

yea the V2 HAS a shrivel flap thingy. i remember when mine was on order and was wonderin' about it and low and behold JEB was at the DZ that day and asked him about it.

he said just pitch from you BOC.

SO i did. worked fine for me. i just didn't want to get in the habit of reachin' 4 my side if ya know what i mean. i try 2 keep it all the same. i ended up sellin' it though. to big 4 me or maybe i'm a pussy or somethin'????

later
NPS SUX ASS

I was told not to use it for non wingsuit jumps when I ordered it and haven't tried it. That video sure made it look scary so I think I'll stick with the standard method:)

What I see is a malformed, flapping pc. You can see as soon as it inflates the deployment starts.
Why it happened is hard to say from the low res footage, but most likely folding technique.
But if it was the BASE bridle pouch you would see a nice round green pc getting dragged through the air, handy that the jumper had a bright green pc to make it so clear. The BASE bridal pouch is also only standard on the WS for Wingsuit BASE pouch on PF wingsuits and is only an option on the Gargoyle. I checked out morpheus PC folding instructions both for the Gargoyle and WS and both instruct to pack a normal mushroom type PC.

But if it was the BASE bridle pouch you would see a nice round green pc getting dragged through the air,.

i disagree, i think that if it was in the wake/burble of the jumper, it would be flopping around, and not an infalted PC.

So you KNOW that this jumper was jumping a WS or Gargoyle with that option and that he was using the bridle pouch. We do KNOW that a poorly packed or incorrectly packed PC has caused this sort of problem. The jumper pitches within 2 seconds of exit. There is very little burble if any at that point and and would only be inches from his back however the PC immediately starts flopping around in the air catching nothing. I am not a fluids physicist so hell I could be wrong. B|

i have no idea, i should have worded that different. i had the thought before i saw this video that i dont like the idea of the bridal pouch on that, and it was just in my head. sorry for the mis-interprotation. it was my fault.

the rig the jumper was using actualy looked like modifired skydive fear with a 6' bridal. but i can just see that happening with the bridal pouch, terminal or not. as a bridal pouch is pretty much designed to shourted the length of the bridal. when thrown.

on a different note, 'burbles' happen when a person is walking. walk through smoke sometime and you will see it. a wake happens no matter what speed an onject is moving through a gas or liquid. with a slow airspeed, the burble can be even more detrimental, because the PC is not 'flopping around' as much, so it has a smaller chance of inflating in good airstreem.

edited for fridge magnet grammer.