cessna54tango

New Forum

Tom Aiello has banned people in the past ... because those much more informed and educated (in the BASE contest) jumpers just did not agree with him.

Citations?

>> Here ya go

What Tom Aiello did though is to win the BASE award for the most hospitalizations and severe injuries sustained while practicing the sport of BASE jumping.

I thought John Agnos held that award.

>>Nope, but who knows what next year will bring!
:D

Just making sure everyone got a chance to see the new forum.

"HIGAF" Honestly I Give A F*^%

Can we make this a sticky at the top? lol

bump, any chance we can make this a sticky?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Your right a sticky would work great.

a sticky would work great.

so would a browser bookmark!

is it really that difficult?
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

Why would one forum want to advertize a competing forum? Esp one which was founded upon hatred of this one?

Do you see anything hypocritical with this particular request?

-=Raistlin
find / -name jumpers -print; cat jumpers $USER > manifest; cd /dev/airplane; more altitude; make jump; cd /pub; more beer;

Why would one forum want to advertize a competing forum? Esp one which was founded upon hatred of this one?

-=Raistlin

It would be benificial. It would be a two fold benifit...

1. People could rant and BS over there without wasting HH's bandwidth (I meant the Vice versa) rant and BS here and techy talks over there.)

2. Not waste Tom A's time... unless you wanted to...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

and techy talks over there.

there have been many useful websites containing gobs of useful information. yet there is only 1 sticky thread.

earlier in this thread, Tom listed (and linked) to several other forums.

why not see if the new venue can stand on it's own two feet and earn a respectable reputation? why should it receive special treatment above and beyond other websites? isn't there an older forum that prides itself on more solid technical discussions as well? why not link to it instead?

if the supporters of the new forum can not see these simply, basic facts, what else might they be missing? how else does emotion cloud their logic or muddy their presentations?

for people who prefer the civility of this forum, why not discuss technical issues here? are you suggesting it is NOT possible?

the hostility and rancor displayed at the new forum probably is NOT beneficial to the sport. when non-jumpers visit (lawmakers, law enforcement, familiy members of deceased, etc.) their opinions will be shaped by how we conduct ourselves. the new forum appears to provide a bad first impression.

again, if you support the new forum, fine. bookmark if (or add it to you Favorites...) and enjoy.
DON'T PANIC

It was just a thought... no need to get "bent" out of shape.

People will post at what ever site they wish. Even this forum, one that came out of a broken promise and was created after a so called "man to man" agreement...

(add)
You never know, but "the hostility and rancor displayed at the new forum" might just save someone's life and or create a new revolutionary technique.
(/add)

There is one truth in all of this...
WebSites come and they go.... but only jumping will stand the test of time.
Leroy

(add)
You never know, but "the hostility and rancor displayed at the new forum" might just save someone's life and or create a new revolutionary technique.
(/add)

an environment of hostility and rancor tends to make people act defensively. people shut down into a bunker mentality. any element of threat narrows one's perceptual field. such individuals collect much less information, but focus intently on what they do see. they rarely acknowledge another's key points.

an open, supportive mood tends to save lives and be creative. people share ideas and brainstorm. cross pollination helps develop the best ideas. accepting constructive criticism accelerates creativity.

some people thnk they were banned from this forum because of their ideas. from what I witnessed, that is simply a convenient excuse. I've seen people banned for how they expressed their ideas, and how they expressed disagreement.

when people turn defensive, they rarely acknowledge a weakness...

the initial tone of the new forum is common outrage at being banned here. hopefully that is simply a stage that will be outgrown. any sound advice gets buried under the paranoia.
DON'T PANIC

No not really....We use these sites to share information. That has been made more difficult because some really experienced BASE jumpers have been banned from this forum. I'm not alone in wanting there opinions, so to get that now I have to go to another forum. People don't seem to have a problem with mentioning blinc or the aussies site, so whats another forum?

I've seen people banned for how they expressed their ideas, and how they expressed disagreement.

Thats the whole point, you get banned for breaking rules not for the way you share your Ideas. People do infact get banned for things other than rule breaking here that is the problem?

me:

I've seen people banned for how they expressed their ideas, and how they expressed disagreement.

you:

Thats the whole point, you get banned for breaking rules

yep, that is what I said.

not for the way you share your Ideas.

nope. the way you share your ideas is what breaks the rules and gets you banned.

People do infact get banned for things other than rule breaking here

not that I have witnessed. it is the convenient excuse of those that HAVE been banned. oh, and I have seen the moderator appear more lenient to one-off rule breakers (like friends) than on-going rule breakers.

that is the problem?

huh?

the problem I see is those who refuse to deal with reality. this forum has rules. it has succeeded better than what came before. if you do not like it there are plenty of alternative forums. feel free to enjoy them.

you apparently do not like this forum, and continue to continue to complain. why? do you stalk ex-girlfriends as well? my advice is to man up and move on.
DON'T PANIC

Your obviously a follower, you need to be told what to do and how to do it. Don't worry you won't be lonely there are a lot of people just like you. Seriously though thanks for replying I was trying to keep this thread on the first page. Thanks for your help!

perks up...

peeks around....

Did someone say, "man up."

lol :D

Leroy