meekerboy

Guides - Mushroom

I am returning to the Mushroom in May and cannot remember the name of the guide. I think his name was something like Bernard or Helmut. Does anyone recommend a good guide and have contact details?

I am returning to the Mushroom in May and cannot remember the name of the guide. I think his name was something like Bernard or Helmut. Does anyone recommend a good guide and have contact details?

Im hoping you are joking about the time. Last year the snow didnt dissapear until end of august beginning of september. and then got back around end of september.
/Martin - Team Bautasten of Sweden

[Last year the snow didnt dissapear until end of august beginning of september

Hmmm....

I wonder if we speak about the same Mushroom here, because when we were going up on the 18th of July last year the snow was as good as gone and even the meltwater was actually in liquid form and not ice. I remember it was very hot. The year before that (2005) around the same time (end of July) the snow had also disappeared, but it was much colder that year and still pretty icey, thus very slippery/dangerous and scary.

I attached a photo from during the hike last year and as you can see no snow, except for the small bit on the left center (behind the guy's arm). That patch was really one of the very few I saw last year.

Are you perhaps referring to those little patches of snow?

J.

www.vandrunen.ch

i jumped the mushroom on the Eyegar on halloween of 06 with squirrel shit, Yuri and pidge. great conditions.

Well by the sounds of it, I have more chance of platting fog than doing the Eiger this time. I did the jump in 2003 in August. I think I will stick to some fun a little bit lower down.

depending of your climbing experience, it's possible to go there, even with snow. i saw a video where 2 french guys jumped the mushroom in january (and they went to the top by foot)

depending of your climbing experience, it's possible to go there, even with snow. i saw a video where 2 french guys jumped the mushroom in january (and they went to the top by foot)

I agree, it is possible and even doable.
When I went there last time in July 2006 it wasnt really that great. no snow but quite icy.

Im not sure how the snow is now but May seems scary. Ive tryed to do some other jumps outside the valleys last summer but there was still fog and snow during june. So I skipped the mushroom.
/Martin - Team Bautasten of Sweden