Ether

I have joined the ranks of the elite

After three skydives, the first of which was last weekend, I have decided that I have learned everything that my dropzone has to teach. This morning just before sunrise I made my first BASE jump, from the top of a 46 storey bank building downtown. The landing was a little sketchy, given all the turbulence from a flock of seagulls that I disturbed on my climbout, but I managed to land on the roof of the department store across the street and then rappell down from there. I must say it was an enormous thrill freefalling past 36 storeys (I took BASE 515's advice and counted all but 10 storeys go by before pulling), and waving to an astonished cleaning lady in one of the offices. I then followed up by posing for pictures for a newspaper photographer who happened to be nearby walking his dog. Look for the headlines tomorrow morning!

PS. I am also pleased to announce my engagement to John Agnos. We will be having the ceremony in August on the top of El Cap, after which of course we will jump. I hope that my bouquet will be caught by a NPS officer; they deserve more happiness in their lives. Everyone is invited! Join us for the most awesome BASE wedding ever.
Looking for newbie rig, all components...

You're progressing very well, except for wasting your time with the three skydives of course. I suggest you go directly to a wingsuit landing next.

Congratulations on your decision to marry John Agos. I hope I'm invited to the ceremony. I haven't climbed to the top of the El Capitan in a long time.

Keep up the progress, and don't let any of the naysayers try to tell you to slow down. You're doing just fine.
In theory, there is no difference bretween theory and practice. In practice, however, there is. -

"RIP Forever Brian Schubert. Always remembered, Never forgotten" - Leroy DB
http://www.johnny

I came across this post and i couldn't stop laughing. This is some really good shit. ha ha ha. I'm a struggling comedian that goes on the road doing standup and i have hard time writing good stuff. Would you consider writing some dry comedy for me? ha ha ha. i'm still laughing, you're so funny.

good times. i love you forever.. charlie

Struggling comedian? That's funny. :P

I too had a personal first today, seadiving from an inverted helicopter at minus 50 feet. What a rush. That rotor wash really gets you CLEAN.

Someone said this to me on myspace a couple of days ago:

"Hello cum creator - I"M soon to be off to toronto ..for a grand old weekend of furniture humping - wish you could be there to ejeculate in my face - well take care and I'll shall chat with you soon - soon soon soon even sooner if you come over and let me spank you with a bamboo shoot"

...only weird thing is she's my cousin. hell... i'm game.
The only thing stopping you is all the people that want to stop you!

Is this an April Fool's joke?
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

?

"we can either clmib down...or take the 15 second express shuttle" ---- during a snow storm on a 1000 foot antenna