Johnnyb

The TrollWall in Norway open for legal jumping!!!

After some intense work with the government, and a trip to the Human Rights Court in EU we finally have the rights on our side. The court ruled in our favor and the wall (both the main wall, and "Stabbevegen") is open for jumpers between 1st of July and 30 of September. A fee of 600 NOK (about 100$) must be payed to the "Romsdalen homeless cat & dog center" for an access sticker that you put on your reserve canopy.
You are all welcome B|

/Johnnyb

P.S. You must have at least ten documented bungee jumps before you can buy the sticker.

After some intense work with the government, and a trip to the Human Rights Court in EU we finally have the rights on our side. The court ruled in our favor and the wall (both the main wall, and "Stabbevegen") is open for jumpers between 1st of July and 30 of September. A fee of 600 NOK (about 100$) must be payed to the "Romsdalen homeless cat & dog center" for an access sticker that you put on your reserve canopy.
You are all welcome B|

/Johnnyb

P.S. You must have at least ten documented bungee jumps before you can buy the sticker.

Thats EXCELLENT dude. How many years have the wall (with the biggest vertical drop in Europe) been illegal? Finally the justice have won over the stupidity. Did it got legalized because of the ropejumping activity that got permissions to operate from the TROLLWALL the other day? The guys from "ADRENALINACTIONSGOFASTSPORTS"kicks ass. Theyr loyars are truelly amazing. I heard a ropejump from Spiret was around 25-30 USD during low season. Thats cheaper than gear rental in Kjerag for one jump. Will the prices go up during June-July, or is the competition from the "REDBULL ROPES & ROCKS" company that is operating from Karlskråtind pressing the prices down. I can imagine the competition and the legal court case if the " REDBULL ROPES & ROCKS" get the two year permition they applied for, to operate from Romsdalshornet (Directly oposite of the Trollwall)...The newspapers are allready speculating...Do you know how those guys solved the 100$ fee problem. Obviously they dont pay 100$ per person that jumps with rope from Spiret. That would make it impossible to press down the price to 30$ per jump. I also dont like the sticker thing because I dont have the label in the tailpocket and I dont want to put it directly on the F111 material. The sticker is far too big if you ask me. Cool for the basetourists from abroad as a souvenir, but comeon! At least they could have used a mountain motive, not the stupid begging cat&dog faces on the sticker. And the material looks cheap too. Not worth the 100USD if you ask me..Typically scandinavia....Keep us updated!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l6m48DPpatY
TURN ON - TUNE IN -DROP OUT
www.offheading.com
www.polishbase.com

Superb news. I've just booked my flights a minute ago, although i have to say, flights for that time of year aren't cheap. It's just eaten into most of this years trip budget but i know it'll be worth it. This is awesome news.

thanks guys

ian

Don't forget to bring your swimsuit, landing in the river is mandatory ;)
If you cant get one on your own, one will be issued to you from the stock. We got plenty of sizes and colors...

Yeah very funny. So my canopy skills aren't so great. I assume someone told you i tend to land in water.

Seriously though. My flight is into Bergen airport on the 4th. From there I'm hiring a car (again, very expensive) and i'll be driving to Romsdalen??? from there. Not sure how long that's going to take. Is there accomodation in town for BASE jumpers or even a campsite.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

ian

One April Fools day back in the late 1980s Andy Calistrate wrote in BASEline Magazine that he'd worked a deal for legal jumps at Chicago's John Handcock Building and was taking reservations from qualified jumpers. The applications poured in despite the fact he wrote the piece under a pen name that should have given it away, Sloof Lirpa . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

One April Fools day back in the late 1980s Andy Calistrate wrote in BASEline Magazine that he'd worked a deal for legal jumps at Chicago's John Handcock Building and was taking reservations from qualified jumpers. The applications poured in despite the fact he wrote the piece under a pen name that should have given it away, Sloof Lirpa . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

DID THEY ALSO UNVEIL THE APRIL FOOLS BEFORE NOON, BACK IN THE DAYS?
Thanks......[:/]
TURN ON - TUNE IN -DROP OUT
www.offheading.com
www.polishbase.com

Don't forget to bring your swimsuit, landing in the river is mandatory ;)
If you cant get one on your own, one will be issued to you from the stock. We got plenty of sizes and colors...

I have a wingsuit that I can swim in, is that acceptable? I have lots of practice swimming in it.......:D
'Don't let your ambitions get mixed up with your capabilites'

Don't forget to bring your swimsuit, landing in the river is mandatory

If it's alright with all of you chaps, I think I'd rather jump nude...
Looking for newbie rig, all components...

Don't forget to bring your swimsuit, landing in the river is mandatory

If it's alright with all of you chaps, I think I'd rather jump nude...

If you do...please picture it!!!:$