JOY

BASE#38 the Fed

Hi people!

After 30 years as a federal attorney, Rick retired today.

We are going to party hearty tonight, and Saturday night and Sunday night and Monday night and Tuesday night and.........

Congrats Hon, I am so proud of you!!!!

Congrats Rick !

Any chance you could represent a fellow jumper vs. NPS ? ;)

WOW!!!! As a member of the Air Force I have to give it up to any person that put up with the fed gov for that long! Balls of steel.
Truth is the distilled meaning of facts, for any truth refuted by a fact becomes a fallacy.

Case Closed!

Have a great party, Rick . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

the best thing to be is an insider more that a protesting outsider in an unfair system. rick as you, my friends the base jumpers, may not know, has the worlds largest enviromental settlment in the world, 14 billion dollars, but make a penny as a government attorney, but nothing without but a passion for saving the environment. his partner on this was an ex-vetinam vet with haf his face blown off. evil will prevail when good men men do nothing. will provide more info late.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Thanks guys. Sort of scary knowing I can sleep late Monday or get up early and ride my bicycyle on Galveston Seawall after 30 years of climbing over my brother's passed out body and Rick Payne's since I had to go to work after a 3 AM BASE jump while they slept on my floor for 10 hours. I told Randy's wife to make a spot for me outside their bedroom so my brother will have to climb over my passed out body to go to work. Pay Back is a bitch.. Payne called me at 1 AM Thursday just to make sure he could wake me up in the middle of the night before my last day of work.. I know my new ACE 280 is going to get more of a workout since it lands these old broken bones like a feather. Now I doh't have to worry about my job, we may even get back in the Building business. Nick, I'd love to have you come to Houston so we could check out the old dropzone downtown that Smitty, Kevin and I used to haunt in 82 to about 87.. Hell, I even cliimbed a 1700 footer a few weeks ago so I'm ready to enjoy retirement with bikes, canopys and kayak. We've had some good times at New River. Remember the floods 10 feet over the sandbar when John and Chris Dargon couldn't even contract witih the boats so you and I and and Jean voted to give the permit back to the NPS that year. Remember the Chief Ranger told Redfunn they wouldn't bust us if we made good faith efforts to hit the winding road to the bottom as they didn't have jurisdiction then over the roads. What a circus, the tree landings were a blast to watch and Chief Ranger Blake was even impressed that we could do that shit without getting hurt too badly. The great old days. We're not done yet are we buddy?
Rick

30 years you da man! hope to see all you guys soon. Remember its always a good time to visit Vegas.
Go forth now, to the promised lands, and swear much unto each other, with mighty profanity and many personal attacks. T.A.

Congratulations Rick!

Thanks to you and JOY for your hospitality over the years.

Time flies like arrows...and fruit flies like bananas;)

Congrats Rick - I hear the party is rockin' down there...;) :ph34r:
Catch ya guys on the flipside...;);)
-------------------------------------------
"Scars remind you that the past is real..."

Hell, I even cliimbed a 1700 footer a few weeks ago

yeah right. that never happened. hell youre probably too old to climb towers telling jokes and drikn vicodins.

Rick

Happy Retirement day! 30 years! :o
I'll look you up when I'm in Houston someday.
Don't get too bored.......

Will Rick be handling cases Pro Bono now??:P
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"