Para_Frog

Hey BASE Parents...

...here was a little boy and his mom on the lookout directly above me. The boy must have been about 5 years old. As I leaped off, I heard him scream in distress: "nooooooooooo!!!!!!"

I have some really funny video buried somewhere in my historical collection. There's a jumper standing out on a diving board of rock at a popular tourist overlook (which is illegal to jump), during the day, with no rig. Another jumper is filming him as he stands out there, and you clearly hear a kid in the crowd say "I hope he falls!"
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I have some really funny video buried somewhere in my historical collection. There's a jumper standing out on a diving board of rock at a popular tourist overlook (which is illegal to jump), during the day, with no rig. Another jumper is filming him as he stands out there, and you clearly hear a kid in the crowd say "I hope he falls!"

On the hike up to a local E a couple of summers ago, we ran across a group of kids from a camp or something. We were decked out in our best Dainese fishnet, so the kids wanted to know what we were up to. When we told them, this one girl, ten years old or something, points right at me and says, "You're going to die." Just like that.

That was this jump. So much for her future as a clairvoyant. I wasn't even hurt.

:P