Freeflysmiley

Wembley

Ah 1966 "they think its all over" :D

I was surprised this wasnt posted sooner to be honest, you even made the cartoon in the paper :D

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

I can only guess it was leaked by a disgruntled member of security.

If the report has any truth..maybe its the one who was sacked , because of the jump..
Thats fair enough I think....he loses his job because of BASE'rs so makes a bit of money out of you.

Shame about the loss of kit ,it was a nice canopy.:ph34r:
The point of no return what a rush.

Shame about the loss of kit

Yeah but at least they lost it AFTER a jump.
"If you don't like it then fuck off" BASE 621

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007110543,00.html

And before you all steam in without the facts, it's worth pointing out that the footage and our gear was confiscated by the construction company and THEY sold it to the papers, NOT US.

I can only guess it was leaked by a disgruntled member of security.

Not picking on you but did you have a get-away plan after the jump?
When you're landing in the middle of a building that you jumped from, I guess it is not that easy to get out without beeing seen/stopped by someone.
Doesn't really look on the video that you were trying a quick get-away, or am I mistaking?

They didn't touch our rigs. They took our cameras and phones only, which have since been returned to us.

Did we have a get-away plan? Of course we did, but this kind of jump isn't your average jump. You can't exactly plan it to perfection. For one, you can't walk the site before hand and work out an exact route out, you have no idea which direction or when or how many security guards are going to appear but what you do know is the chance of getting away is slim.

Security appeared within a few seconds of my partner landing. By that time i already had the canopy collected up and was heading towards him and in the opposite direction of the security guard who had appeared.

But please, if you have any suggestions on what we could have done differently, do share, i'd be keen to know your thoughts.

As it has been broadcast through a UK news institution site, it *should* still fall under Ofcom regulations. Have a read through. There are some different interpretations here, but it may be that by broadcasting it they have infringed on your privacy (if they can't deem it newsworthy in the public interest), but not getting a signed rights release from you.

Not sure what you'd acheive by this, but if they've paid the other guy for the footage, they may have to pay you?

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv/ifi/codes/bcode/privacy/
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

I'm not sure you understand the motivations behind this jump. It certainly wasn't for any payday. The only people who have benefited from any footage of that jump were the construction company who confiscated our footage and then sold it to the press

The press article is, naturally, dogshit.

The height to impact was 120ft, 160ft to landing.

We at no point attempted to climb the arch. It was never an option.

We didn't scream anything on landing although we did quote the famous 1966 world cup line on DTM touching down.

We didn't trick our way in with fake id. We got in and jumped without crossing the path of a single person. First person we saw was the security guard after we landed.

The mascot is DTM's and probably has more BASE jumps than me. ANyone who has met DTM has met Kula Shaker. What can I say. He's a retard.

Report says DTM jumped with a scream of delight. Never heard him do anything but his obligatory whispered 3,2,1, cya on any jump....EVER.

The funniest bit in the article for me is

“He turned round and said to a colleague, ‘Is this live? Because if it is we’ve got a couple of intruders.’”,

which is no doubt untrue too BUT how funny is that. Like they watch re-runs of the previous nights footage and he was just checking. No wonder they failed to prevent us jumping, they were too busy catching up on the footage of the day before...bizarre.

We jumped, got caught and got exposed by someone employed by Multiplex, but that's the game we're in. AS Zoter said,fair enough, can't really blame him for that.

And as far as i'm concerned, that is that. End of. Not interested in persuing copyrights or privacy infringments. We're not victims in this, just participants. Jumped with eyes wide open, and happy to take the consequences, whatever they are.

What you would achieve by persuing any kind of complaint is making BASE jumpers look like a bunch of 'blame merchants' who can't take responsibility for their actions and who roll over at the first sign of aggro and whinge about being victimized.

Fuck that. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

ian

Fair play, i knew you wouldn't be interested in funding, but that you may want the footage taking down.

Having been on the recieving end of Ofcom's regulations on more than one occasion, i know the power they have and what they can have done.

Just thought i would share.

Awesome jump either way. :)
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies