basemman06

Packing at the exit

skydiver-skygod mentality. stay away from BASE.... blah blah blah!

Whatever. :D I'd jump with JP anyday.

Then again, with all the skydives listed on my profile, BASE skills are probably non-existent.

By the way, it's entirely possible I've packed on a dusty floor inside a B on the way to the top with dride and a guy named nate. It was no big deal given the circumstances. The guy watching the place was not about to walk up 40 plus flights of stairs.

just sayin' that ther are people on here who are more into BASE than jp is obviously into it. that do care about stories like that. i thought it was great and pretty ballsy.....

BUT again to come on here and say WHO CARES. i think is a slap in the face! i mean hey let's go on his forums and everytime he tells the forum somethin' just say "who cares".
to jp BASE isn't everything to him. he's a tunnel guy and photo guy and swooper guy who's more of skydiver than a BASEer (and that's ok) who does BASE sometimes i'm guessin' cuz it's just too f@#kin' cooool not to do so he has to do it???

and i'm sure he'll tell me to "get over myself" or somethin' like that (that's one of his other things he likes to tell people on line)????? not that he'd have the balls to say it to my face or anything? i'd love for that to happen.;) but whatever!

i'm going to go and get over myself.

and SORRY for sayin' that one of the canadian BASE'ers was one of the guys who did the "B" i just assumed. dumb american always assumin'.
NPS SUX ASS

...thats what this forum is all about.

Don't you think it's a little presumptious for someone who pretty much only uses this forum to Troll to tell us what it "is all about"?

I wasnt talking to you tom. All I was saying was I thought it was cool to hear a story like that, its one of the reasons i come on this forum. But, i guess i was wrong.

Who cares?

what!?!?!? jealous cuz' they gotta "B" and you don't with all your jump numbers.

skydiver-skygod mentality. stay away from BASE. I'm sure they'll stay away from you when you want to jump their stuff up there in canada. nice attitude!

HEY I CARE. WRITE MORE. I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT TO SAY! basemman06 and Carpediem keep it up!

this is a BASE FORUM. alot of people here care. go to another forum if you don't care. jeez!

them:
City: Calgary
Email: No email entered.
Jump Profile
Home DZ: Eden North
License Org: CSPA
Number of Jumps: 300
Years in Sport: 3
Disciplines of Choice: Formation Skydiving (250 jumps)
BASE Jumping (30 jumps)

Interests: snowboarding, boozing, and loving life
Email: PM me
Jump Profile
Home DZ: Wherever I can make a packed rig open
Disciplines of Choice: BASE Jumping (30 jumps)
Formation Skydiving

you:
Nick Name: diablopilot
City: Gardiner, NY
Occupation: Skydiving Instructor/Cameraman - Wind Tunnel Instructor
Homepage: http://theblueskyranch.com
Email: [email protected]
AOL IM Name: diablopilotjumps
Yahoo Identity: diablopilot
MSN identity: diablopilot
Jump Profile
Home DZ: The Ranch
License: D 23489
License Org: USPA
Number of Jumps: 5001
Years in Sport: 8
Disciplines of Choice: Swooping (3000 jumps)
Freefall Photography (1200 jumps)

Like I said. "Who cares?"

What? Does the OP want a cookie because they made a BASE jump, or packed somehwere "different"?

Quit Bragging. This ain't Christmas, and I don't care if you got a shinny new bike.

As to comparing our profiles, I've got BASE jumps, a rig packed and ready to go any time, I just think it's ridiculous to be bragging about this shit expecting a pat on the head. I also might choose not to advertise the fact I base in conjuntion with my location so prominately. My BASE jumps (or skydiving) doesn't define me, I define them. No wonder the DZ.com BASE Forum is a joke to most.

The crew I grew up with when learning much of what I did about BASE (YEARS before I made my first jumps) had some respect for the shadows they had to move in. The only color for a BASE rig was BLACK. Videos we're RARELY shown outside the sport, and objects were respected. I can't even jump the best objects near my hometown any more because of attitudes like the original post in this thread exibits.

SO enjoy your dayglow rig, YouTube videos of your jumps, flashing your "BASE Jumper" card (or T-shirt) to girls at the local pub, and keep spanking your monkey at the exit point.

As I said before. Who cares? (Not I, just in case you were not clear on that).
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

hey buddy,

I dont think they are bragging to tell everyone they are cooler than you or me, but just to tell everyone a cool experience they had one night and wanted to share it with us. why are you putting them down? I seem to remember my friends at the ranch going to the perrine with you a while back, where else have you jumped? are you jealous cus youve never packed inside a building you were about to jump? stop making such a big deal about this...oh yea and if you are talking about NY objects they are plenty alive and well, not burned. Ive never seen you jumping them tho...

Hey doode, chill out a little would ya? This wasn't posted as a "look at me i'm so cool" thing at all. Good laughs were had, it was pulled off stealthily, and questions arose as to what the general thoughts of the community were on this. Nothing more.

And no, it won't be on youtube or any of that shit. Come on now, us canucks may be a little slow and a little simple, but we're not douches

cya

Those who do, can't explain. Those who don't, can't understand.

I seem to recall one unpacking just before exit on a B with you.

Just so happens that I found the dark ground footage for that jump on a computer I had in storage. Good times.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Nice!

Actually JP, you are a bit abrasive online. I'll still jump with you any day though. ;)

It's just a website... hmmm.. one can post stories on a website no? I like reading stories.

Let me know when you're back in the area.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

...oh yea and if you are talking about NY objects they are plenty alive and well, not burned.

I don't think he is. His hometown is in Northern California.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

no objects are burned there either. nothing is even warm right now.

A couple friends (John Hoover, BASE 95 and Peter from Norway) packed on top of an occupied 700 foot building in a downtown area back in ~2000.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

no objects are burned there either. nothing is even warm right now.

That's an interestingly short sighted view.

You're saying that an area (Northern California) with at least 2 specific local ordinances prohbiting fixed object parachuting, with several structures displaying signs reading "No Parachuting" (with a nifty red circle and slash across a parachute), and which is also home to perhaps the most famously burned BASE site in the world, has "no burned objects?"
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

quote from diablopilot:

Like I said. "Who cares?"

What? Does the OP want a cookie because they made a BASE jump, or packed somehwere "different"?

Quit Bragging. This ain't Christmas, and I don't care if you got a shinny new bike.

As to comparing our profiles, I've got BASE jumps, a rig packed and ready to go any time, I just think it's ridiculous to be bragging about this shit expecting a pat on the head. I also might choose not to advertise the fact I base in conjuntion with my location so prominately. My BASE jumps (or skydiving) doesn't define me, I define them. No wonder the DZ.com BASE Forum is a joke to most.

The crew I grew up with when learning much of what I did about BASE (YEARS before I made my first jumps) had some respect for the shadows they had to move in. The only color for a BASE rig was BLACK. Videos we're RARELY shown outside the sport, and objects were respected. I can't even jump the best objects near my hometown any more because of attitudes like the original post in this thread exibits.

SO enjoy your dayglow rig, YouTube videos of your jumps, flashing your "BASE Jumper" card (or T-shirt) to girls at the local pub, and keep spanking your monkey at the exit point.

As I said before. Who cares? (Not I, just in case you were not clear on that).

????????????? look you still don't get it.

if you JP HAVE EVER SNUCK ON TOP OF A "B" BEFORE YOU'D SIMPLY UNDERSTAND HOW COOL IT IS TO GET AWAY IT SOMETHING LIKE THEY DID ???

It's just a website... hmmm.. one can post stories on a website no? I like reading stories.

Let me know when you're back in the area.

he (hookit) obviously thinks your cool. but pointed out something very obvious. again were not goin' on your forum conversations with our less informed opinions (speaking for myself) and saying "WHO CARES" about your swooping,camera,tunnel, statements. again if you've been on a "B" before you would know.

later and try to be a little nicer to newbies when they meet you.. try not talking down to them and being condasending. cuz they eventually get better and end up not likeing You later on. and won't help you. it's a small world in BASE.

ALSO WOULD LIKE TO ADD: look in the mirror at yourself. YOU are still the same exact person you were before you started jumpin'. just remember that! you're nothing more. your the SAME guy but now you jump out of plane or bridge with a parachute. your jump numbers don't allow you talk differen'tly to people with lower jump numbers. you might think they do?

i know some people do let people talk down to them if the other person has alot more jump numbers than them.

not me man. i treat everybody the same i will knock the f#%k out of anybody if they push my buttons. if they have 1 jump or 10,000 jumps.

i really don't give a F#%K! AND I CAN BACK THAT UP!

that's who i was before i started jumpin' and that's who i still am now. and no i don't pick fights. i'm actually really shy and quiet unless someone starts messin' with me! then............

if your cool your cool. jump numbers don't mean shit. i would never jump with somebody because they had a ton of experience if they were an egoed prick just to learn off them!! some would and will. i'd rather jump alone ( and have ) if i can't jump with somebody that doesn't make me edgey at the exit point.

and JP we know some of the same people. and i've jumped with them. and i'm sure they'd say i was a nice guy. some would say i'm not very social and a little moody as well. but i don't go out of my way to hurt people or their feelings. so before you come on here making more statements. i do get along fine with them. some of them you've worked with.

later>:(
NPS SUX ASS

The point you seem to have missed is that you state you jump to be cool, and in order to be cool you have to share that with someone. That attitude is what is drying up jumps faster than you can blink these days. Vocal jumpers of less than 3 years in this forum, as a trend (note that I don't include ALL) don't realize the damage being done as they have no idea what it was like in years before, nor do they take any interest in the history.

I have no illusions that I am or ever will be cool.

would like 2 say that after reading my first post it have sounded threatening. didn't mean it to be.

would also like 2 say that i have had met JP before when he worked at perris. that's where i started jumping. all i ever wanted 2 do was get enough jumpin' in to be comfortable to get into the B.A.S.E. enviroment. which took me alot of jumps (in a short period of time).

i would as a new jumper always ask various experienced jumpers questions. most were cool. JEB, JON TAGLE, CLINT CLAWSON , ETC. anybody with more jumps than me. most people were nice. and come to find out later they really famous jumpers with a huge amount of jump numbers.

and then there were some people like-- jp fernari who were consistantly too egoed and shitty to me when i would questions. and treat you like you were an idiot for asking. even after i had 300+ jumps and my wingsuit ordered. and i would still ask jp fernari about wingsuit stuff, and he still acted like i was buggin' him. so whatever!!
on the other hand i always noticed if jp fernari was gettin paid or gettin' somethin' "quid pro quo" off of you he SURE WAS DIFFEREN'T!

but i'm sure i'm just imagining at that.

hey jp have a nice B.A.S.E. career (really) just think about how you talk to and treat people?!?!?

and i'm not just pickin' on JP. there are others. i've had people say: "hey man next time you go to that one "A" can you take me? or "hey dude i heard you've been to yosemite a couple of times? next time you go......" and these guys were shitty to me when i first started jumpin'. but now they know i'm BASE'en and they're like treatin' me differen't and want me to take em' here and there. and i'm like f%#k that!

i'm starting to type like i care!!! i'm pretty sensitive!

later
NPS SUX ASS

Well you throw my name around pretty easily, albeit misspelled, so who the fuck are you?

Don't know who you are either.

Vocal jumpers of less than 3 years in this forum, as a trend (note that I don't include ALL) don't realize the damage being done as they have no idea what it was like in years before, nor do they take any interest in the history.

Some of us learnt from groundcrewing for years before even registering on these silly forums...

Those who do, can't explain. Those who don't, can't understand.

Vocal jumpers of less than 3 years in this forum, as a trend (note that I don't include ALL) don't realize the damage being done as they have no idea what it was like in years before, nor do they take any interest in the history.

Some of us learnt from groundcrewing for years before even registering on these silly forums...

I know exactly what that is like.

Don't know who you are either.

I am slambo. My other name is kristian. I learned to jump at the ranch, and started BASE jumping in NY before I moved to the west coast.

I dont have anything against you, just thought those guys didnt deserve to be put down like that. They didnt burn any sites by packing there, or posting it here.

yes, they have been burned in the past. But like a forestfire, the trees grow back again, and as of now that location is fairly mellow, yet still being sessioned.

yes, they have been burned in the past. But like a forestfire, the trees grow back again, and as of now that location is fairly mellow, yet still being sessioned.

Wow, I had no idea.

Placer county repealed that ordinance? And I hadn't even heard about the NPS allowing BASE again. That's great news! :P
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Well you throw my name around pretty easily, albeit misspelled, so who the fuck are you?

never said i was smart!:P "who the fuck am i?". keep talkin' tough! that's funny;)! again look in the mirror. your not exactly a tough guy!!! man i luv 4 U 2 talk 2 me like dat holms':S!!

i'm sure one of your jump number worshiper's will PM you with my name! and i have a good idea who?? if not? one day i'll bump into you and say "hey it's WORLDSOCOLD who the f#%k are you?"

edit to remove ethnic slurs ~TA

NOW THAT THIS THREAD HAS BEEN ALMOST HIJACKED!!!!! by my whining at JP the swooper/tunnel guy!!

I STILL SAY PACKING ON A BUILDING IS OK. I'VE BEEN ON A FEW BUILDINGS FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS WAITING 4 THE WIND 2 DIE DOWN. AND ONCE YOU GET PAST THE FIRST FEW FLOORS (USUALLY) THERE'S NO-ONE AROUND--AT LEAST IN MY LIMITED EXPERIENCES. yes i'm yelling aint it nice. yee haa!!! i want to be cowboy!!!

AH F%#K IT. NO HARD FEELINGS MAN. i'm just a sensitive little pussy. and pleez remember. our opinions are like A-HOLES. WE all seem 2 have 1!!

i think we need to jump more and type less...and someone needs 2 turn the frickn' wind off!!!! i'm goin' nutz here!!!

let's get back to talking about MAYBE burning "B's" down by packin' on them....and crashing bikes into certain "A's" we always wanted to ride off....and dayblaczing a low central california "S" when a CHP just drove by (um...that's not so bad) ... or telling the nice climber on an extremly popular "E" that your going to jump it in the morning only to find out the nice climber was the NPS. yeah that's what this place is for. gee!!! someone sprinkle sum fairy dust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

later
NPS SUX ASS

Dude, calm down and step away from the keyboard. Throwing around random ethnic slurs that will offend people who just had the misfortune to read that isn't scoring you any points.

I'm going to ban you from this forum for 8 hours to give you a chance to do something more productive tonight.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I thought you were talking about another site. See, now site naming would really come in handy.

The "past"?

How far back is the "past?"

Say some time ago, like just after Steve Irwin's Memorial ended up on YouTube?:P

Kristian I've heard alot about you, and would love to meet you sometime, but I would say we have a different view on "burnt" and "mellow".

Have fun, I hope to be jumping the tower again soon.