basemman06

Packing at the exit

So, here is the story:

Two guys planned on a double header, two jumps in one night. The first was easy, climb a freestanding A, PCA exit, gravy landing.

They grabbed a couple tarps and entered a B that is under construction and has very minimal security. After hiking up a couple floors, set up the tarps on the dusty floor and packed their rigs. When done, folded up the tarps and set them with miscellaneous construction materials, and finished the climb up.

It was an excellent adventure over all. How do you rate the choice to pack in the B?
Looking forward to meeting at our next exit.

So, here is the story:

Two guys planned on a double header, two jumps in one night. The first was easy, climb a freestanding A, PCA exit, gravy landing.

They grabbed a couple tarps and entered a B that is under construction and has very minimal security. After hiking up a couple floors, set up the tarps on the dusty floor and packed their rigs. When done, folded up the tarps and set them with miscellaneous construction materials, and finished the climb up.

It was an excellent adventure over all. How do you rate the choice to pack in the B?

You forgot "Ballsy/Kinda Dumb/But Fuckin'Eh" If it was pulled stealthy.

I'll Assume stealthy? NIce work A-............B|
SabreDave

i'm sure if you thought you would have got caught you wouldn't have done it.

way to go! glad you had fun and got away with it. makes getting away with it even more fun. next time if you don't get caught landing walk right back up and do it again. now that would be somethin'?

i'd have done it! but-- get a second rig if you can afford it or even if you can't afford it. that way..............

later
NPS SUX ASS

now what kinda douches would do that eh? :P

and I like your idear worldsocold. I mean, the tarps are probably still there...

Those who do, can't explain. Those who don't, can't understand.

Now I like YOUR thinking! Its a sweet object! I'll keep you posted :P

How do you rate the choice to pack in the B?

maybe ask in the rigging forum if they think it's a good idea to pack your only parachute in a dusty construction area

maybe ask in the rigging forum if they think it's a good idea to pack your only parachute in a dusty construction area

Did you miss that they laid out tarps? Or am I not getting something here? I don't really see a problem there. If they were kicking up dust or something I could see a problem.

Nice work Baseman and carpediem.

Just curious, but why the decision to pack there, and not at a more comfortable place, like say carpediem's Appartment?

Just to save time, or was it so that you could go on Dorkzone and post this poll?;)

If the weather is decent to jump a B, you can just roll it over and not worry about packing and getting all the crap into your fabric...

:ph34r:

Just curious, but why the decision to pack there, and not at a more comfortable place, like say carpediem's Appartment?

Just to save time, or was it so that you could go on Dorkzone and post this poll?;)

who said it was me? or us?

and what if the fellas needed space to pack 2 rigs at the same time? perhaps it started to look like a pretty good idea

Those who do, can't explain. Those who don't, can't understand.

So either the lights were out and it was dark for packing or the lights were on and could have easily attracted attention?

Two guys planned on a double header

Isn't that where you suck each others cocks? Hey whatever keeps you smiling....

sounds like "Bill & Ted" had a most excellent adventure...

somehow I bet others have done it as well. we just never know as they keep it private, not public.

oh, and making it a poll - wow. do "Bill & Ted" have a burning need to jump, or do they have a burning need to seek approval/attention? will it be posted on youtube?
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

no, but it is cool to talk about the cool shit youve done and share it with others. thats what this forum is all about. really nothing to get worked up about.

...thats what this forum is all about.

Don't you think it's a little presumptious for someone who pretty much only uses this forum to Troll to tell us what it "is all about"?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

it is cool to talk about the cool shit youve done and share it with others

true.
we all get pumped by jumps. sometimes jazzed for hours. we can all get chatty over breakfast.

people share their stories here regularly. it is an interesting story, and refreshing by itself. my issue is the need to make it a poll, as if they wish to determine if they are really cool or not. if they were not seen, were not hurt, and returned home safe, it was a great BASE experience. share stories. all cool.

don't expect a grade. if you are jumping for the joy of jumping and personal satisfaction, it simply should not matter.
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

Can't say the Hold My Beer crew hasn't done it... back in the good ol days ;)

Maybe he should ask in the rigging forum if they think its a good idea to pack your only parachute in a grass field.

Or a small hotel room.

Maybe he should ask in the rigging forum if jumping your only parachute unpacked is a good idea.

Maybe he should ask in the rigging area if jumping off a B is a good idea.

Maybe he should ask in the rigging forum if fliking the Potato in the morning without notifying the sherrif is a good idea.

Maybe he should ask in the rigging forum if jumping a single parachute system is a good idea period.

And lastly, didn't he say he packed on tarps, thereby negating whatever dust might have been laying around?
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

Who cares?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

i'm pretty much guessing this guy (980) was kidding????

sarcasm i think it's called?

anyway remided me of when i was on my first jump course and had a sizeable branch/twig in my packjob-only noticing it half way through my pack job. and i went up to Jimmy P. and said what do i do?

Jimmy P. said sumthin' like "yeah that's pretty serious" and "here's what you gotta do". and proceeded to pound the shit out of the branch until it was "dust" and said "ah, don't worry about it"! then followed up with ok "finish the pack job and we'll unpack it- the fun way!"

all of the above of course is paraphrased (spelling?)

anyway later
NPS SUX ASS

Who cares?

what!?!?!? jealous cuz' they gotta "B" and you don't with all your jump numbers.

skydiver-skygod mentality. stay away from BASE. I'm sure they'll stay away from you when you want to jump their stuff up there in canada. nice attitude!

HEY I CARE. WRITE MORE. I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT TO SAY! basemman06 and Carpediem keep it up!

this is a BASE FORUM. alot of people here care. go to another forum if you don't care. jeez!

them:
City: Calgary
Email: No email entered.
Jump Profile
Home DZ: Eden North
License Org: CSPA
Number of Jumps: 300
Years in Sport: 3
Disciplines of Choice: Formation Skydiving (250 jumps)
BASE Jumping (30 jumps)

Interests: snowboarding, boozing, and loving life
Email: PM me
Jump Profile
Home DZ: Wherever I can make a packed rig open
Disciplines of Choice: BASE Jumping (30 jumps)
Formation Skydiving

you:
Nick Name: diablopilot
City: Gardiner, NY
Occupation: Skydiving Instructor/Cameraman - Wind Tunnel Instructor
Homepage: http://theblueskyranch.com
Email: [email protected]
AOL IM Name: diablopilotjumps
Yahoo Identity: diablopilot
MSN identity: diablopilot
Jump Profile
Home DZ: The Ranch
License: D 23489
License Org: USPA
Number of Jumps: 5001
Years in Sport: 8
Disciplines of Choice: Swooping (3000 jumps)
Freefall Photography (1200 jumps)
NPS SUX ASS

I never claimed to be one of the jumpers. As for why, I would have to ask the person that did pack there. I would hazard to guess that a vacant building is more spacious than an apartment. Other than that... bragging rights? Its different? Novelty? Just cuz?

skydiver-skygod mentality. stay away from BASE.... blah blah blah!

Whatever. :D I'd jump with JP anyday.

Then again, with all the skydives listed on my profile, BASE skills are probably non-existent.

By the way, it's entirely possible I've packed on a dusty floor inside a B on the way to the top with dride and a guy named nate. It was no big deal given the circumstances. The guy watching the place was not about to walk up 40 plus flights of stairs.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto