HydroGuy

Alaska

omg a clear day?:o I spent alot of time on that glacier behind you guys in that first picture...until I started skydiving that is, and didn't want to hang out in the rain all summer.:)

we spent 4 weeks around the pacific coast, and only one day was cloudy at all. the one day we went to denali, there was a SWEET layer of cloud over the glaciers and the ampetheater, we went twice. the last pic is in the ruthe ampetheater. 700meter sketch rock.

you got the summer of the century... there's definately some walls back on the juneau icefield. The problem is getting to them.

you BASE tourists need to learn how to AT ski, and HIKE. ;)

there are a lot of walls back there. sadly, not as vert as they seem.
bring skis.

Yeah there's definately some cool E's to be had up that way.

I've only seen them on climbing trips; haven't jumped up there before. The Ruth might have some exit points to offer, but it'll be an adventure finding them and safely approaching them. The stuff I've seen would be slider down. I haven't come across anything terminal.

I would suggest you have well rounded glacier travel and winter camping skills, as well as good map and compass/GPS skills before venturing out.

If you're really curious about the area I know a few pilots up there that would be willing to give you a heli bump into some cool areas just to survey what's out there.

Cheers,

JP