Police turn to YouTube to nab suspects

Fuck the corrupt police..

Fixed it for you. If you are dumb enough to post video of illegal activities online ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Funny thing is, this sort of thing happened well before youtube existed: there was a Japanese guy >10 years ago that filmed himself doing well over 200 mph that got caught in a similar fashion...

I found a link to the infamous footage: he even focuses in on the speedo throughout. :S

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6651839178783831483&q=F40

I think it would be reasonable to consider this man as a muppet. :P
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

Fuck the police..

Wow I'd be very happy if the cops used whatever tactic needed to nab someone who stole my credit card and proceeded to use it. While they may not always be my favorite people, the cops do serve a purpose.

But people do need to think twice before they share video/pics of their jumps. Besides, I was always under the assumption that the best BASE jumps were known only by the actual jumpers and any ground crew that they had at the time.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

You know, I got to give the police a hand on this one. I think they really used their heads for a change. If you're dumb enough to post videos of you doing illegal activities with enough evidence to seek a conviction then you deserve what you get.

If you're doing legal/permitted jumps and want to blaze the video accross the world have at it. I don't think these types of jumps have a negative impact on the sport.

But as a famous movie line once said, "Stupid is as stupid does..." So if you're out trying to get famous doing illegal jumps that do harm the sport then you get what you get. The sooner the better!

One comment in regards to the motorcycle video. I haven't seen the whole video, but I don't see how they could prosecute the guy based on video of his door. Anyone could have been driving the bike. It creates a whole new level of tar 'n feather. Jump off a high profile object and run up to the door of some guy you want to get back at. Just the time and money it would take him to prove it wasn't him would be quite high.

That would be pretty f@#$ed up if you ask me!