jumper596

Psycho Pack A Spectre?

I did a search about this and didn't come up with an answer. Sorry if it's been discussed to death :)
I just read a lot about psycho packing, and learned that this pack job slows down fast opening canopies. Precision says to not roll the nose even on a canopy that always opens very hard. Question: Should I or shouldn't I psycho pack my s l o w opening spectre? I ask because a lot of people, jumpers and riggers alike, say that psycho packing a new zero-p canopy is much easier than a traditional pro pack. My spectre has about 40 jumps. I, like so many others, still can't get the canopy in the bag. Anyone?

Jason,

I psycho pack my Spectre and have done since it was new. I always split the nose and roll 3 cells from the outside in - so it ends up with two rolls of the nose - one either side of the centre cell.

Openings are always the same - reasonably swift, yet soft, always on heading.

Before I changed to a Spectre, I always packed my Sabre exactly the same.

Two other benefits of psycho packing are ease of getting it into the deployment bag - plus speed.

Enjoy your psycho pack jobs!!

Blue Skies,

fergs

You may want to ask a Spectre owner or irgger who psycho-packs if you'll need to add a bridle extension.

I have close to 200 psycho packs on a Spectre without a bridle extension. However, I would recommend using one. It will make things so much easier.

In this case, do as I say, not as I do.

I do not have a Spectre, but have done my share of psycho-packing. You may want to ask a Spectre owner or irgger who psycho-packs if you'll need to add a bridle extension.

Yes, I have a 9" bridle extension. Makes rolling the psycho pack easier -mind you, my spectre is a large one - 190.

Blue Skies,

fergs