hardtorundown

Perrine Survival

One of my students tripped and fell out of the door on the runway is that what your talking about, does that count she lived too.

I am having a hard time following your broken english faber but what I think you said is "I like to argue points with zero proof and back it up with garbled english that is hard to follow?"

I asked so I was not the 8th person, instead of just knowing everything I decided to ask people who actually were there or have seen proof. By the way I saw a guy do 25 gainers off the perrine. Would you believe it or like to see actual video proof?

My .02

I am having a hard time following your broken english faber

ohh here we go again..
have fun,go play your self or what ever...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Tom,

Didn't you have a similar talus impact? How mch of a canopy did you have out? What were your injuries?

Tony

Its go play with yourself. English 101

Is the above a complete sentence? :o
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

How is your broken Flemish? ;)
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

JAT stewardess Vesna Vulović survived a fall of over 10,000 meters on January 26, 1972 when she was thrown from JAT Flight 364 by an terrorist bomb. She broke several bones and was in a coma for 27 days.

In World War II there were several reports of aircrew surviving long falls; Nick Alkemade, Alan Magee, and I.M. Chisov all fell at least 6,000 meters and survived.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

One incident of history I remember hearing about many years ago was about a russian who had to exit a plane without a parachute (I think it was on fire) at something like 20,000 feet and impacted a steep snow covered slope and lived. I'm sure you can find the story online somewhere. HydroGuy may have mentioned the same guy.
Life is like a box of chocolates.

Sure the guy who went it would probably like to say he is a super hero and went in with just a PC out but I doubt that is true.

If a guy impacts at high speed, gets up, dusts himself off, and walks away, then he's a god or one absurdly lucky mortal.

If a guy impacts at high speed, is immediately attended to by level-headed friends, is transported and treated by highly skilled professionals, and is walking weeks or months later, then you should look to those other folks -- the friends and the doctors -- if you want to find hero material.

Thanks again to everybody who did what had to be done when I got myself into trouble. That really can't be said enough.

I find it comical that a guy with (supossedly, as I haven't seen the video) 3900 skydives, and 490 BASE jumps (as per your profile) would finally sign up to DZ.com(feb 21 07) and make such jackass posts... all 5 of them. Giving Faber shit for his bad english? (that's sooo 2004.)Have you made all 490 BASE jumps in your backyard? you've never heard these stories?
~J
atleast "BASEjumper" registered feb 20 07 has some info.
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

Time top to bottom was 6.0 seconds, only a little longer than freefall time.

I'm a big fan of body armour, and I think it certainly played a part in Jason's surviving the incident, but as Jamie said, this was one in a million.

I saw a jumper impact at 6.0 seconds at the Perrine and live. No body armour. Life flight though.

One of my students tripped and fell out of the door on the runway is that what your talking about, does that count she lived too.

I am having a hard time following your broken english faber but what I think you said is "I like to argue points with zero proof and back it up with garbled english that is hard to follow?"
My .02

Has anyone ever gone it at the perrine with aboslutely nothing out and lived? I heard a wild story involving new body armor that saved the guys life. I call BS but wanted to ask people who dont have their head full of un accounted for miracles what really happened.

I am sorry to be the one to say this. You call BS. WTF? Why are you asking a question such as this when it is obvious that you will/did call BS on anyone who will answer it. You have your mind made up. Quit wasting our time.

From your posts

a. “and that was what I needed to know to win the arguement. And I get to use my favorite words; "I told you so jackass"”.

b. “Show me proof that someone has fallen from a commercial jet liner and lived. If you really believe it I think your calling the kettle black.
Many stories like these are told at DZ's and I felt they were always a joke for the gullible idiots who question nothing. Could you be one of those individuals? I have some land in hawaii if your interested. Cheap too.”.
c. “what I think you said is "I like to argue points with zero proof and back it up with garbled english that is hard to follow?"”

Sorry again, but this is a typical response from someone who can’t deal with being mistaken. You attack the responder and their grammar or spelling.

Where the hell have you been?
Why have you not done research to prove BS? Why do you not know of even one of the incidents posted

Hydroguy's post was spot on “JAT stewardess Vesna Vulović survived a fall of over 10,000 meters on January 26, 1972 when she was thrown from JAT Flight 364 by an terrorist bomb. She broke several bones and was in a coma for 27 days.

In World War II there were several reports of aircrew surviving long falls; Nick Alkemade, Alan Magee, and I.M. Chisov all fell at least 6,000 meters and survived.”

Take a hike mr. dime-a-dozen-skeptic-too-lazy-todo-research.
Take care,
space

That's it hardtorundown, I'm banning you from this forum for 2 weeks for a lack of topic research!
"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to make that big man cry"

I was going to quote the same incident hydroguy did. Here's a little more detail. It wasn't what we imagine of freefall, but still amazing.

Vesna Vulović (Serbian: Весна Вуловић) (born 3 January 1950) holds the Guinness Book of Records world record for surviving the highest fall without a parachute: 10,160 meters (6.31 miles, or 33,000 feet).

The fall occurred on January 26, 1972, over Srbská Kamenice in Czechoslovakia (now Czech Republic). Émigré Croat terrorists (Ustaša) had placed a bomb on board JAT Yugoslav Flight 364, on which Vulović was a flight attendant. The explosion tore the DC-9-32 to pieces, but Vulović survived. She remained strapped into her seat in the tail section of the plane that was still attached to the washrooms. The assembly struck the snow-covered flank of a mountain.

The 22-year old was not scheduled to be on that flight; she had been mixed up with another stewardess named Vesna.

Vulović was the only survivor on the flight. She continued working for JAT at a desk job following her full recovery from injuries which included a fractured skull, two broken legs and three broken vertebrae, one of which was crushed and left her temporarily paralyzed from the waist down. She regained the use of her legs only after surgery.

Vulović was awarded the Guinness Record title by Paul McCartney at a ceremony.
I've got this really hardcore group of gaurdian angels that need a free paid vacation.
~Dan Osman

Thanks again to everybody who did what had to be done when I got myself into trouble. That really can't be said enough.

I strolled down to the beach, so utterly convinced I was that there was no rush, only to find you talking to your bro.

Luck was on our side in many ways, but you owe so much to that paramedic bloke that happened to be fishing 20 metres away; who happened to have a back board in his little fishing boat. :S

Not to make light of what was an awful incident, but you just couldn't have planned a massive accident better. :P

It's great you got a second chance at life. :)

Vesna Vulović (Serbian: Весна Вуловић)

Either I'm missing a specific font, or that was one hell of a big way from altitude with a bunch of BASE jumpers...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I find it comical that a guy with (supossedly, as I haven't seen the video) 3900 skydives, and 490 BASE jumps (as per your profile) would finally sign up to DZ.com(feb 21 07) and make such jackass posts... all 5 of them. Giving Faber shit for his bad english? (that's sooo 2004.)Have you made all 490 BASE jumps in your backyard? you've never heard these stories?

I have heard the stories, do I buy them? Not for one second. Have you ever been to a scene of an accident where someone has gone it at terminal. I can tell you its pretty hard to imagine till you have seen it. Bone fragments blown out peoples backs and with so much force they bury themselves into containers.

I understand the need to attack my experience level fireflyr since you have only half of the experience I as myself.

At one time I would post on a regular basis on here. Yes most of my base jumps have been in my backyard, well if you count norcal and southern Utah as my backyard then your correct.

As for Faber giving me a hard time about saying I told you so Jackass, I thought the European Unions slogan was "I told you so". Just sit back do absolutely nothing until something doesnt work out for outsiders then say I told you so all along, Am I not correct?

"Hydroguy's post was spot on “JAT stewardess Vesna Vulović survived a fall of over 10,000 meters on January 26, 1972 when she was thrown from JAT Flight 364 by an terrorist bomb. She broke several bones and was in a coma for 27 days."

Yeah right this was another story made up somewhere. You choose to believe it if you want, its total BS. 1972 some third world country hahahaha. Now I remember why I quit posting on here.

I hope everyone can get their panties out of that big tangled mess, and remember that my original question was about a guy at twin surviving a no pull, I was correct. He did have something out although opinions on what the amount was vary. I was trying to get some information from someone who was there and saw it first hand. Thanks to those of you who responded with valid information. To those of you just spouting off with zero knowledge of the incident, maybe you and Jeb can get some body armor, jump a commercial jetliner, without a rig, over a snow covered mountain, or a muddy swamp and make history.

Czechoslovakia is not "some third world country".
It happend and if you try to visit Prague (ever heard of such place?), you could go to Museum of Czech police and see exhibition about Vesna Vulovic.

Fido

I thought the European Unions slogan was "I told you so". Just sit back do absolutely nothing until something doesnt work out for outsiders then say I told you so all along, Am I not correct?

you should keep political for the speakerscorner and i would shut up and go back to my hole if i were you,you totaly showed that you dont know shit.. you dont even know that the danes and british forces now pulls back their forces as they has done a job so the iraqes can take over,now why is it that USA ship 5000men over there instead off pulling them home?

im sorry i gave you a "hard time" mr really experienced,ofcourse we cant reach you level not even in our dreams.. As im not even a american i ofcourse shouldnt have standed up against you,you ofcourse always are right as you both have the experience and the right flag and dont have any gramma erros..

I stand corrected.. now go wait till you see a fatality it wont happen here in front of your screen,perhaps you could get the real American jackass to preform just make sure to make a contract that they cant die impacting the ground that way if they choose to do so(stupied them) you can sue them.. Best of luck

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

...some third world country hahahaha....

It's comments like that one that make us the most hated people in the world.

I've been teaching for the last week or so, and haven't been on this forum much. So, my apologies to everyone who had to sit through this pointless thread.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com