dride

Phoenix Fly vs Pressurized Suit

OK, first lets get this out of the way. I did a search on here and found several posts, one being this exact subject title. However, it was dated in 2004 back when both these suits were fairly new on the market. I also have read through both websites very carefully. My point: I have done (some) research thusfar.

Now that both suits have been in the field for a few years, I would like to hear from those who have jumped BOTH suits. I'm posting this in the BASE forum as I want info. from people taking them off stationary objects not out of those airplane things. I did jump the Phoenix Pants only back in 2004 when Douggs has s demo pair that Robert lent him for people to try out in Norway. I noticed a huge difference and I'm sure I didn't have them flying at their full capacity (but I did get a nice compliment from the man himself----Atle (thanks for the photos bro)).

I'm going to try and jump some of the big walls around Europe this summer and will be purchasing a suit soon. Would really love some input on the +'s and -'s: is one suit more "twitchy" than the other?; is one harder to get flying?; can you achive more distance with one vs the other?, etc., etc., etc.

I understand all that bullshit about "it's not the suit doing the flying it's the pilot". I have know this for a long time.

Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks ya'll.

ya swizzlers--

what about palms up then? ;)
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving
"Hey, these cookies don't taste anything like girl scouts..."

never flown either, but the liquor store down the street from me has some of the coldest beer ive ever had!!

does this help?
what!?

I'm facing the same decision whether to buy the Phoenix-Fly tracksuit or the one from pressurized.at.
Isn't there anyone who has experience with both suits, and who could give some reckommendations?

phoenix-fly: 140 Km/h average fall rate
no wing between legs
pressurized: 90-120 Km/h average fall rate
+ glide ratio 1.6
little wing between legs
(These informations were given on the homepages of the two companies pressurized and Phoeniy-Fly)

Now how about the quality and the lifetime of the suits?

There is lots of footage on teh Phoenix video page with big wall jumps in what looks to be their line of suits. Take a look, which I am guessing you might have but it will give a good idea with a few different pilots on their suits in that envirnoment.

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"