traker

dormant pack job in canada

as all of you other canuck base jumpers know...it's been a cold ass winter. I havent jumped for a month and a half b/c I dont feel like freezing my nut sack off and getting my testies amputated.

Fortunately...the weather broke and my buddy and I are going to hit up an A this weekend.

After being packed for a month...would you guys jump the rig or repack?

Joe

"we can either clmib down...or take the 15 second express shuttle" ---- during a snow storm on a 1000 foot antenna

Don't be such a wuss, -15 isn't that cold :P

i'd huck it, if you didn't fieldpack in snow

only packjobs with snow in em i use are the ones where i'm climbing 10min after i'm finished packing. Snow in your packjob actually improves heading performance... ;)

enjoy

Those who do, can't explain. Those who don't, can't understand.

i know people who have jumped them after they sat for longer than that, and i know people who will repack after a week. if my rig is going to sit packed for a while, i at least leave the pc unpacked though.
i think if you have to question yourself about it, ya might as well pop it open and repack it. it might make ya feel a bit more warm and fuzzy at exit ;) personally, i'd probably leave it. just make sure you know if your s/up or s/down!!
Nathan

not that your serious, but the snow close to your back in the container will melt, and coulr re-freeze, but i would jump it as well.

thanks guys!
I wont be unpacking it....only taking the pc out.

-15....are you nuts dude. I would be jumping naked in that shit. I prefer not to jump in -45.

"we can either clmib down...or take the 15 second express shuttle" ---- during a snow storm on a 1000 foot antenna

where the hell are you that it's -45 for a month and a half!? :o

bbbrrrr! i havn't jumped beyond -30. giver shit buddy!

I think they use some wacky Celsius temperature system up there in Canada...

I think they use some wacky Celsius temperature system up there in Canada...

It is different, but we and the rest of the world use it, you are the wacky ones.

By the way, -40 celsius = -40 fahrenheit.

That is the place they are the same. And it does get that cold up here from time to time.

Andrew
Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid,
the vast limits of their knowledge. - Mark Twain

After being packed for a month...would you guys jump the rig or repack?

Interesting, I was just having a conversation with someone today about how there seemed to be a high degree of carelessness and foolishness in base.

IMHO, if you cannot clearly remember every detail of the pack job, then redo it. Are you sure you know where the slider is? Are you sure you didn't forget a packing aid? What if someone else handed you the pack and said "oh don't worry, I packed it a month ago but I'm sure it's good"?

You can only die once. How long does it take to repack anyway? Be sure and be safe.

Disclaimer: I am not a jumper; feel free to discard all my comments.
Looking for newbie rig, all components...

What is negative temperature????? ;) Ha ha he haw...

Still, I'd take some negative temp for some positive altitude. :P

Make sure the rig has no snow inside!!!!!
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

Now these are my kind of people. Why don't you guys get off your asses and come out east to the big cliffs on Baffin? Why the f#%k are you jerking off on top of some little A when there are 5000ft virgins waiting for you.
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

one time, at band camp... i jumped a borrowed rig from an experienced friend and jumper whom i trust... its all good he says, slider up no worries.

opened like shit. diving and line twists and so on...

pulled it out of the stash bag a few weeks later on drugs at bd to repack in the hall way.

first thing, set brakes, ok brakes set, run lines up to canopy.. what is this?

brake lines were routed through the guide rings, but outside the slider grommets...:S

good thing it was vented and overloaded.:|

Hey label; It was Coxy who put that idea in your head,wasn't it?

CHEERS Dude. Call me when you get down.

Now these are my kind of people. Why don't you guys get off your asses and come out east to the big cliffs on Baffin? Why the f#%k are you jerking off on top of some little A when there are 5000ft virgins waiting for you.

Why go all the way up there when some of us have 3,000-6,000 foot virgins just a few hours from home? :P They require the kind of access you would appreciate Lee.
SabreDave

You fuckers are making me horny...

Now lets all curse out the winds together shall we? Dirty stinkin wintertime winds....

Now these are my kind of people. Why don't you guys get off your asses and come out east to the big cliffs on Baffin?

Because Norway is easier and cheaper to get to. (sadly)

I struggled with this for a bit. I am a proud Canadian, and I felt like I should take advantage of the massive cliff in my own 'backyard'. Logistics and money just didn't work out this year. But it is a trip that I plan on making one year.

Your freaky video you posted didn't do much for me, but it didn't change my mind. I have a lot of gear to buy and a lot of training/mountaineering to do before that though. As I don't have much for experience in that department.
Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid,
the vast limits of their knowledge. - Mark Twain

Mr.Tracker,

Why don't you get some guts you pussy ass MoFo. I'm tired of hearing you cry about everything. No wonder why you can't get a girl.

Grow Up.

KC

P.S. I'll pick you up at 5.00, I'll bring the coffee and a spare set of balls
River City Crew Rocks

checkmate tommy boy....thanks for the save dude!

F.Y.I last time I checked " Kevin Spencer " a little someone I know just got DUMPED! Booyah!

Yeah...I'll be expecting that coffee on the way to the A....

Joe

How's that A been treating the Winnipeg crew?

Awesome to see you two getting out there and jumping ;-)

-=Raistlin
find / -name jumpers -print; cat jumpers $USER > manifest; cd /dev/airplane; more altitude; make jump; cd /pub; more beer;

Two month and half old pack jobs, Two on heading openings. Lots of VooDoo when it comes to packing.

Traker do us all a favor, Get off your ebony ass and go pack. Weekend is coming.

KC

P.S. Can I have my spare set of balls back? Fido hasn't been the same
River City Crew Rocks