Stein

Heliboogie june 2007, Norway

Finally we got the permit to use a helicopter to fly basejumpers from all over the world to the top of the famous cliff Kjerag in Lysebotn.
For more info.www.basekjerag.com
Stein ;)

Wow that's almost like skydiving! Have fun with that.

T.

you make a very good point at that, and i somewhat agree with you.

but, its still beautiful to jump from that place, no matter how you got to the top. Some paraglider pilots say that paramotoring is cheating, and un-pure. and they are right. but most of them have never done it, and the always have to hike up and have perfect weather. a paramotor can fly whenever they want for the most part.

im not a paramotor, but i would if i had the 6000 US to buy one. paragliding is plenty for me at the moment.

I would ride the chopper when i got tired if i was there.

that one hoser did say something like "base jumps are not meant to be gobled up like skydives", or something like that, and he was correct.
but there is something to be said about 11 big wall BASE jumps in one day.
there is also purity to hiking the whole 2000 meters, and making one or 2 jumps in a day.

i dont plan on going when the chopper is there.

From what I hear, you need to sell a permit for beer discounts.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Did someone really get in 11 fliks in a day? Or are you be facetious?

I was wondering what the average number of jumps per day per participant is? Limited by helo volume or wallet size?
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

I was being fecetious. but, i bet it is very possible. I can pack and jump 11 times in one day skydiving, barely. I know i can pack 11 times in one day easy, done it at potato. half climb outs, half boat outs. so, a faster slider up pack job, and a heli ride each time. if it hasnt been done, it will.

Didn't Robi got close to that number last year (on THE good day)...

(scary fast packer that man!) :o;)B|
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

Did someone really get in 11 fliks in a day? Or are you be facetious?

Per Flare did 10 in a day when I was there in 2003.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

I've done 9 in one day there, I probably could have done 10 but that's pushing it, he he

I like to do hikes and in México I've done a lot of hiking, but if a chopper is available I'll take the ride up, I see nothing wrong with that and it's still a base jump no matter what purists say.

For instance I have never jumped an antenna that has an elevator but I think If one of the antennas in M'exico had one I would be more than pleased to jump using it. Basically I like them all hikes or no hikes .

Also when I travel from México all the way to Norway I like to do as many jumps as I can that way I feel like it was money well spent.

Cheers

Ok, don't know who Tdancs is but dude, I'll tell you this..
doing a heli boogie jump at Kjerag is almost like a skydive like getting a haircut is almost like getting a blow job.
Take your pick...

I've done both and would take one Kjerag jump even with the heli ride over 1000 skydives. But that's just me, I'm biased and I admit it.

BTW, I can suck a golf ball thru a garden hose so I know what good is.

Ok, rum speaking in place of my good sense.
Love ya all...
K

PS; some of the best video I have is from the heli ride to the top of 6 in 2004. Zero g's in and thru cliff crevices with Feral and Seven giggling in the backseat...choice!!!!

Hi Stein. Glad to hear about the heliboogie. My brother Randy aan I may try to come. I'll let you know. It will be good to see you again. Last was at the CAVE 5 years ago.
Rick
Rick Harrison

Hi Rick, met your brother and Rick P. last year. Hope to see you both this year then. :)

there is also purity to hiking the whole 2000 meters, and making one or 2 jumps in a day.

If one is going for purity then one should swim to Norway after walking to the ocean. Walk up from the Campsite and swim 4km back from the landing area doncha think?
Take care,
space

plane tickets
10 jump a day x $68
beer and more beer
yuh. your wife well kill you
experience price less
"A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones ..."

If one is going for purity then one should swim to Norway after walking to the ocean. Walk up from the Campsite and swim 4km back from the landing area doncha think?
Take care,
space

Hahahaha
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

BTW, I can suck a golf ball thru a garden hose so I know what good is.

Love ya all...
K

WE LOVE YOU TOO:P

Hope your doing good:)
Hope you guys have a blast up there this year aswell,if any x DK on their way back ill probaly be up for a few jumps(hopefuly this year whith out any busts:o:D)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Just got the tickets....see you guys there.

Watch out the finns are coming...to have some vodka...a little bit only :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: