Sean621

a call for help

here in the UK we have a parasite...living or trying to make a living from BASE and trading off the backs of dead jumpers..he uses a website to do this and because of the nature of search engines etc he sits above the true home of UK BASE in the scheme of things...so...if you have a link to your web site,a resource or something worthwhile please go to http://www.basejumper.org/forums/linkdb.php and add your link and help move this arse onto page 10000... or if you want you can PM me the link and ill send you ours by return...thanks in advance

....and after adding your link to our site, please add a link to our site on your own website. The more related to BASE and skydiving the better.

Thanks

I had a problem with Doug Blain years ago that started when, without permission, he culled all the deceased British BASE jumpers from the BASE Fatality List and posted them on his site, word for word. What I didn’t like specifically is he then used that content to sell his t-shirts, bumper stickers, and posters, etc. Basically he was running advertisements on our gravestones.

He even included the following warning: "© basejumping.co.uk / DougBlane.com | All Rights Reserved World Wide

He's still doing it, although he's changed the wording of the reports enough that there's not much I can do about. However, as the reports appear now, they contain only the "sensationalism" and not the "lesson" that might help save the next guy. "

I know one thing for sure. If Frank, Neil, Nik, Martin, Terry, Darren, and Michael were able to, one night there would be a knock on Doug's door . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

Basically he was running advertisements on our gravestones.

exactly...

I know one thing for sure. If Frank, Neil, Nik, Martin, Terry, Darren, and Michael were able to, one night there would be a knock on Doug's door . . .

They would not only knock, they would kick it in....

and he had the balls to post his "respect" on the incident forum......