rendezvous

First jump at Kjerag

So far I have mostly jumped 300 to 800ft objectives (S and A). Plan to jump Kjerag this july. Will probably we taking the course offered in Norway. Wanted to know what else should I be doing to prepare for this as I still have time. Also, is it a good idea to get tracking pants/jacket, put some Skydives on them and then actually use them on the first jump. Or do you recommend to instead just focus on tracking skills for the first couple of jumps

Two courses are offered.

1) The full course...if you do this forget about jumping pants until Elin releases you from student status.

2) The short site specific prep course. For people with more jumps that just want to know the site specific details.

Since you have a few more than 15 jumps(I think)...you have the option of doing the site specific course.

I took the FJC last year and jumped in street clothes for the first few jumps. A safe distance from the wall can be tracked in 12-15 secs without the need for any tracking garb.

If 6-7 sec delay objects are not available, heli or balloon jumps if possible, if not, tracking skydives are possibly the best practice.

Kris.