KrisFlyZ

AdrenalinBase L/D+ system

Then based on feedback from Dwain (who was test jumping the Troll) they came up with a new canopy design which was called "Troll DW"

It was not a new canopy design, only the vents changed. I've got both canopies (both MDV), apart from the vents they are identical. After comparing my canopies, measuring lines, I asked Stane in person - he confirmed canopies are same.

Changing only the vents is not a new canopy design. Hope that isn't too complicated for you. :)

Interesting, since in the user manual for Troll DW (http://www.adrenalinbase.com/download/troll_manual.pdf) it says :

Features of Troll DW
· New wing design with thicker airfoil section with improved performance at low air speed. The airfoil provides more lift at low air speed giving better
performance when conducting deep brake approaches.
· Increased material tension on the leading edge, thanks to specially shaped top skin, further reducing drag and improving performance.
· Triple cross-porting allows excellent pressurization in both slider-up and sliderdown configurations.
· Load-bearing seams have chord-wise reinforcing at the line attachment points and the lower surface has span–wise reinforcement in all high stress areas.
· The Mono Directional Valve technology (or MDV) system has been redesigned, incorporating a fifth air in-take in the center, the surface area of the vents is the same with each vent made smaller. This redesigned version of the MDV has even better inflation characteristics in terms of symmetrical inflation and inflation times.

That would suggest that there are other changes in the canopy as well as new design on the vents, making it a new canopy desing.
http://www.ufufreefly.com

And all this is correct!! If you compare two Troll standard and DW you will noticed this. The line set is the same . there is different variations on brake setings though.
Cord & span is the same .
R
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com