KrisFlyZ

AdrenalinBase L/D+ system

Anyone using this .... feedback please.

I have seen people use Spectra on BASE canopies for slider up jumps. Any more info regarding how this(spectra ) has worked so far in the field?

Kris.

I have thinking about buying the same canopy, 25% reduction of packvolum and weight is great..i have take a look/see on this Hybrid rig..i like the shape of it, but i don`t like the pin cover flap..it`s to "fluffy"..maybe it`s a bit stiffer in parapack..
I consider the new He rig from Morpheus..it`s stripped from everything..

I think they have put it to production..they have struggling with they website for updating..But if you drop a mail to [email protected] i`m sure you got a answer..
good luck!!

not me...
spectra. hope it works well. for now i am sticking with the tried and true when it comes to base.

7 cells. F111. 4 upper control lines. dacron lines.
the new lite weight containers are sick for sure.

I am interested in trying the lightweight paramachute fabric but with dacron lines. dacron absorbs shock better. that means softer openings and less chances of line twists in my logic. I get caught low on occasion so line twists, or anything that is a new surprise to my program is not worth trying.

totally psyched on the progression. light weight is dope, but i am willing to carry whatever the dacron lines add to my program up the hill.

I am not a hater, not saying your gonna die, can't even think of any specific reason not to give it a shot. just not going straight for it.

jt

and why the hell is it called l/d+ system??

where i come from a d+ sucks, that means injured. we are after a's and b+'s not d+'s

A = outstanding. awesome., un heard of, very rare

A- fucking sick, never doen before, rad

B+ = personal best, as good as you can think of doing that day

B = totally sick still, but not revolutionary, rad, good, well above averagewhat you are after

C = the usual, a good jump, jump track, on header, good flare in LZ, %85 of all jumps

C- = less than average or the norm, a high pull, a sloppy air with off heading etc...

D+ = nearly injured, but got away with it

D = injured, rolled ankle, broken bone, whater

D- = injured almost died. wall strike with no injury, wall strike with injury etc..

F= dead.

and dacron lines dont cut into u the way spectra does
so lets say your hanging in a tree or of an antenna for a while
or on a guide wire have u ever tried to climb up spectra
it sucks
and it will gut u like a kinfe as well trust me ive had it wrapped around me it sucks bad
but not dacron its soft and easy to climb

JT these kids will never learn

This canopy is designed for terminaljumps only, not for slider off stuff..the canopy also have a shorter lifetime(200 jumps or so)..packing volum is 25% less(2 sizes smaller)than a TrollDW
I can see the positive by using this rig in...norway,switzerland..italia...long hike and bigwall..
I do mostly bigwalljumps and know how it is to carry lots of gear on a long hike...

"re:JT: I am not a hater, not saying your gonna die, can't even think of any specific reason not to give it a shot. just not going straight for it."

I guess Atair have tryit out before they selling their gear...

thats the point,...this canopies are for one purpose...
bigwall jumping in an alpine enviorment or wingsiutpilot and trackers who try to max their performence....thats all

spectra and lightweight fabric are surely not suitable for B,A, and S...these jumps are not the goal of the manufactor...

i talked to stane when i saw the canopies and the rig the first time....the weight and the packvolume are insane low :P

"Pimp my flight":)

Hello,
As I was heavily involved in testing Trango canopy last year, I would like o comment few stuff.
Trango is designed to be the choice for those BASE jumpers who does hike long and hard for their jumps. Norway, Dolomites, Alps.. Also for climbers, were every pound makes the difference.
Trango is designed to be SLIDER UP canopy only and it is NOT designed for slider down stuff at all.
Trango canopy is made from light material with well designed reinforcing. All on that canopy is designed in order to reduce the weight but not compromise the security.
The canopy has small pack volume. I would say that 245 Trango ( when packed neat ) has volume of standard 180 sqft canopy.
Lines on Trango are 725 spectra lines. I am using the soft links too, but that is not official recommendation from the Atair aerodynamics.

Spectra lines does have less stretching capacity than dacron, but during the testing ( in slider up configuration only ) we have not find any problem w spectra. Nor that the opening shock were higher, nor that canopy was more prone to any sort of mal..... I was jumping w big hole mesh slider and w small mesh too. No problem.
Usual misconception is that spectra has higher rate of line twists or tension knot. As line twist has nothing with lines, it is wired to accuse any type lines for that. Tension knot is the real and serious problem which bother every jumper due to mystery of ''why it happens''...
I believe that spectra lines are less prone to tension knot too. lines are lighter, slicker and very handy for packing in to tail pocket which is designed smaller on Trango too.
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

and why the hell is it called l/d+ system??

I know that reading is too nerdy for you, so here's a picture.

Actually that is not accurate Tom. I think you take jt's post way too seriously, thus breaking his number 1 rule. Try and find the humor in it...

I'm curious dude, why do you consider 4 upper control lines tried and true and therefore, I assume, superior to 5 upper control lines?

I only have 17 jumps on a 4 upper control line canopy and did not much care for the turn response, flare, stall and stall recovery behaviour as compared to my 5 upper control line canopies.

openings seemed of similar quality

Hi Tom,
I did not jump Trango in skydiving configuration, find that not necessary at all.

For those who thinking about using the Trango for skydiving, I do not see any reason why this set up would not work well. Of course, with sale slider and bag might be very very nice canopy.
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

Hello,
I was heavily involved in testing Trango canopy last year
Trango is designed to be SLIDER UP canopy only and it is NOT designed for slider down stuff at all.

Just a couple questions for you:

Does the Trango have vents/valves on it?

On the website it says that the Trango is the same as the Troll DW in all ways. So I would assume that it does. But I couldn't really tell on the picture that is posted on there.

2nd Question:

If it does have vents/valves, why does it have vents/valves.

My understanding is that vents/valves are for slider down situations where you will be opening close to an object, among other things. But that there is not much advantage on slider up situations.

Did you consider not including them? It seems like if you were trying to get the lightest/smallest pack volume canopy that this would be an easy thing to remove.

Again, just curious.

Edited to add:

I suspect now that it does not have a vents/valves as I realized that the Troll can be made with or without the MDV technology. The website said that the Trango has the same characteristics as the Troll DW. I thought that the 'DW' part referred to the additional venting on the center cell, as per Dwain Weston's idea/design. So I just assumed that Trango had the MDV, so you can probably ignore my question.

Andrew

trango has no vents!!
It is Similar to TrollDW ( Troll - Dwain Weston )and it is not like Troll DW-MDV (MDV - vents ):)
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

It is Similar to TrollDW ( Troll - Dwain Weston )and it is not like Troll DW-MDV (MDV - vents )

So by this you mean it is similar to a regular Troll? I own a Troll 265 MDV and a Troll 265 DW. I've laid them out and compared them, measured the lines. They seemed identical apart from the vents (DW has 5 vents but smaller total vented area than older Troll's 4 bigger vents). I asked Stane if these two canopies were identical apart from the vents, he said they were.

I own a regular Troll MDV and a DW (both 265). For slider down jumps with sketchy landing areas I prefer the regular Troll, handles better in steep, braked approaches. (not experienced at slider up, so can't compare there)

Troll DW-MDW and DW are the same profile - yes! MDW trol has vents. 5 vents in 5 cells.
Trango is similar to Troll DW but.... it would be to long here for me to explain the difference between them..

It is small pack volume, gives nice openings, it is light, it is white only ( w central cell in different color possible !!:)
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

It is Similar to TrollDW ( Troll - Dwain Weston )and it is not like Troll DW-MDV (MDV - vents )

So by this you mean it is similar to a regular Troll?

That is the part that messed me up, I'm thinking. Glad to hear I was not confused for no reason.

Jaesus lads, it's not that complicated.

First there was the "Troll" which I've heard was based on CR's Mojo.

Then they introduced the Mono Directional Values option (MDV) so there was Troll and Troll MDV

Then based on feedback from Dwain (who was test jumping the Troll) they came up with a new canopy design which was called "Troll DW" (DW is not an option, Troll DW is a different canopy) this is also available with Mono Directional Valves so now there is Troll DW and Troll DW MDV

As far as I know they stopped making the older Troll design when they introduced the Troll DW.

First there was the "Troll" which I've heard was based on CR's Mojo.

Not at all. Unless one thinks that similar aspect ratio is the the basis.
When Stane started building BASE canopies, He had no Mojo (his or anyone elses) to base it own.
Take care,
space

hello,

after speaking with them, i got this :
Adrenalibase was involved in trango testing, they tried it in a skydiving container, for few jumps, without any problem. then they used it in base configuration, as it was the main goal of the trango
back to the title of the thread : the L/D+ is based on regular hybrid, who showed the best aerodynamics results in wind tunnel (made by VKB team). jeannoel told me that you can feel a real difference in performance jumping the L/D+ compare to a normal design.
come on guy's, there is another option than american equipment :)

Then based on feedback from Dwain (who was test jumping the Troll) they came up with a new canopy design which was called "Troll DW"

It was not a new canopy design, only the vents changed. I've got both canopies (both MDV), apart from the vents they are identical. After comparing my canopies, measuring lines, I asked Stane in person - he confirmed canopies are same.

Changing only the vents is not a new canopy design. Hope that isn't too complicated for you. :)