norbase

something new?

I always think is good fun to try new thing. a weeks ago i tested out something new from a bridge..the height off this bridge is 108feet..to low for a PCA and TARD, so i came up with this idea and tried it out in practice, here it is: i took of my pilot and bridle, then i took the bridlepoint(canopy) and attached to the bridge(under) with a brake cord,and i also use a rubberband attached on each side of the canopy, to stabilized it...then rolled over and landed safe on the ground...there was some climbing outside the bridge to attaching the brakecord and rubberband..but no big deal..yesterday i jump it again, but facing the bridge and jump backward..
Has someone here tried this method before?

that is interesting

sounds like a short-leashed dirty-high bag, but without the stashbag

a dirty-high bag is a variation of the ho-bag

The Ho-bag
-you pack the canopy for a smart TARD
-gear up as as for a smart TARD
-tie the stashbag to the object SECURELY
-do a front flip exit while holding the stashbag containing the canopy in front of you
-let the stashbag get pulled out of your hands when the ties to the object tension
-unstow your brakes and fly, bat-ass, fly!

The Dirty-High bag
-a Ho-bag, but with the canopy tied to the stashbag with a single piece of breakcord (not a loop) at the bridle attachment point

There's a clip on skydivingmovies.com called something like SOBASE teaser that has a ho-bag or dirty-high bag on it. It also has a low-bag, which is a slider-up ho-bag.

I would love to see some pics and/or video of your jump if possible.

I am particularly curious about how you managed your lines during this whole deal.

How far to the side did you attach the rubber bands?

Even though the dirty-high bag opened in very little altitude (therefore the name), I'm not sure I would try it as low as 108ft, but there are definite similarities between it and your new jump.

What are you calling the new jump?

cya
sam

PS - in case you are a sane basejumper wondering why anyone would even bother doing a ho-bag in the first place, the answer is that I was too lazy to pack and it seemed too windy to be having my canopy flap around unpacked...
:S

that is interesting

sounds like a short-leashed dirty-high bag, but without the stashbag

a dirty-high bag is a variation of the ho-bag

The Ho-bag
-you pack the canopy for a smart TARD
-gear up as as for a smart TARD
-tie the stashbag to the object SECURELY
-do a front flip exit while holding the stashbag containing the canopy in front of you
-let the stashbag get pulled out of your hands when the ties to the object tension
-unstow your brakes and fly, bat-ass, fly!

The Dirty-High bag
-a Ho-bag, but with the canopy tied to the stashbag with a single piece of breakcord (not a loop) at the bridle attachment point

There's a clip on skydivingmovies.com called something like SOBASE teaser that has a ho-bag or dirty-high bag on it. It also has a low-bag, which is a slider-up ho-bag.

Cool!! the only reason i do it this way, was for the non altitude drop..i don`t go lower than this!!
108feet is freaking low...

I would love to see some pics and/or video of your jump if possible.

I dont use camera myself, but there was a guy who filmed the first jump..i don`t know this guy, but if i get in touch with this bloke i will ask him for a copy..

I am particularly curious about how you managed your lines during this whole deal.

I`m jumping a Troll285 so i have plenty of lines:P, but there was no big deal..i only push it to the side and jump of

How far to the side did you attach the rubber bands?

I attached a rubberband to each endcells(topskin), that was the trickiest part of the hole jump..i needed to climb outside of the bridge..

Even though the dirty-high bag opened in very little altitude (therefore the name), I'm not sure I would try it as low as 108ft, but there are definite similarities between it and your new jump.

What are you calling the new jump?

Snuff 108:ph34r:

PS - in case you are a sane basejumper wondering why anyone would even bother doing a ho-bag in the first place, the answer is that I was too lazy to pack and it seemed too windy to be having my canopy flap around unpacked...
:S

Why did you roll it over?

A long time ago, I did a similar jump, but with the canopy more spread out (I used clothes pins to attach it to a handrail behind me), and just launching flat and stable (well, more of a stand and stable). I was able to land (no flare, just PLF into some foam mats) without injury about 50 feet below the exit point.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Ive seen video of a person doing a TARD off 102ft.. stand up landing.. i do belive you find that vid at skydivingmovies.com...

but funkey teqniqe you found thereB| i would be keen to see the vid of it

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Why did you roll it over?

Why?? because it`s fun..beside of that..it gives me space to not entangle me to the lines..
I`m sure there are more reason..
1 more..a person here told me i gonna die if i do a rollover at this height, guess what.. i didn`t..and the same person told me he wanna laught his ass of if i die, guess who`s laughting know?

A long time ago, I did a similar jump, but with the canopy more spread out (I used clothes pins to attach it to a handrail behind me), and just launching flat and stable (well, more of a stand and stable). I was able to land (no flare, just PLF into some foam mats) without injury about 50 feet below the exit point.

Ive seen video of a person doing a TARD off 102ft.. stand up landing.. i do belive you find that vid at skydivingmovies.com...

but funkey teqniqe you found thereB| i would be keen to see the vid of it

TARD from 102 feet? do you know the size of the canopy this person jump? i haven`t tried, but i think my troll285 will given me a fit to start fly on this height:ph34r:..
I only have a hotmail adress, so i can`t see this movies..
I have try to get in touch with this guy who filmed my first jump on this bridge..but i haven`t managed to contacted him yet..