78RATS

exit point gear check

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ido agree that most BASEjumpers would notice but i see no reasson to push the lemmon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what is the meaning of this?, its the funniest thing i have ever seen you post.

im in major influence of drugs as morphine thats might why,to me it makes perfect sence:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

we were argueing on oprah about stowing big PCs, what you did not understand is i said that if you stretch out a spandex on a BOC, a BASE jumper would notice. Faber argued that a lot of retard newbies might go stowing their 48s and stretch out spandex without noticing and have premature on a terminal with a small pc. faber words that shite kinda weird, i agree.

I had this weird notion that you being under the influence of mind altering medication might in some weird kinda way make the language in your posts easier to interpret....
< Zoter.....screws up paper with written theory and throws it out of the window......NEXT ! >
:D:D

Keeping on topic...
I check everything myself and dont need a 'second' opinion...but will always ask for a look over if i'm not on my own....belt and braces and all that

yes i understood that bit, its where he denies having a reason to push a lemmon i was wondering about.
my hovercraft is full of eels.

Lemons are illegal in Denmark
The bums will never win Lebowski, the bums will never win!
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen

I don't jump stowed with my 45". I do, however, pack it for climbing, with the full understanding that over time the spandex may have to be replaced.

There are several reasons I do this:
1) It makes climbing with the rig easier.
2) It minimizes bridal exposure, compared to stowing the PC between rig and jumper, or in a side pocket.
3) It gives the jumper a slightly better chance of surviving in case of falling accidentally.
4) It looks better. :S

So far the spandex hasn't stretched whatsoever - I still feel perfectly safe jumping with a 32" or 38" PC in the pouch. This may, however, change with time. If so, the pouch gets replaced. I'm not, of course, recommending anybody else stow their 43" or larger PC. It's just what works for me.

However, that hard pull with a 45" PC makes me wonder about the potential of a hard pull with a 42". Nobody has so far mentioned anything they do to lessen the likelihood of, or test for, a hard pull. Does anybody have practices they use to prevent hard pulls? Or is it just accepted that hard pulls with 42" and smaller PCs aren't a significant concern?

visually check for twists in their harness and proper leg & chest strap routing.

I am quite amazed that only one (Carpediem) has mentioned this. Nothing else matters if one falls out of the harness.My gear check?
3 rings? blah. Check them when I packed including Cutaway handle position on the packing and at gear up. Check rings twice on the hookup during rigging.
Harness twist, threaded properly Legstraps and Chest strap at gear up point. Shoelaces. And last and least, PC status.
take care,
space

However, that hard pull with a 45" PC

Did you inspect the PC/pouch to see what was making the pull hard? There must be something, it's not like ZP and spandex got cemented together. (Unless, of course, a beautiful Russian girl got mad at you and injected a tube of KrazyGlue in there! Russian girls kill with style, no doubt! ;))

What makes the pull hard is usually a part of the bridle and/or mesh getting outside of the bundle, which makes the stuff that's still inside the PC expand when you pull. If you keep all the "stuff" inside the PC (with a good margin) when you pack it and insert it, this pull-expand action wouldn't happen.

Another thing, when inserting a PC which is extracted at 90 degree angle (leg pouch on Vampire), pay attention to how the bridle stack is oriented. If it's oriented "ribs" up, it can make the bundle very stiff.
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

I had this weird notion that you being under the influence of mind altering medication might in some weird kinda way make the language in your posts easier to interpret....

writes down that i spell better under influence of larger amounts of Tramadol,ibumetin,pinex and nexium.. -gotta ask the doc to get more of the drugs i usaly cant buy..

Cheers zoter im happy:)
Lemons are Legal in DK,however you aint allowed to squice them into your eyes as you guys usaly does in US:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

a beautiful Russian girl got mad at you and injected a tube of KrazyGlue in there! Russian girls kill with style, no doubt! ;)

what happened to her by the way?
did she stop?

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

visually check for twists in their harness and proper leg & chest strap routing.
Hallo! what is the matter? too many many trees in the way to to see the forest?

I like to visually check for twists in the harness, leg & chest strap routing, 3-rings and cutaway handle (sometimes even if they have integrated risers...), pin tension or velcro priming. I then like to open up the packjob, check brake line routing to ensure that they are set properly, and then pull the packjob out to line stretch and ensure that the tailgate is properly set, if necessary. Then I grab a ruler and measure the folds to ensure proper symmetry, before daisychaining all the lines back up, duct taping them into the tail pocket, and replacing the packjob into the tray with a few twists. Tie a pullup around the pilot chute and stuff it down their shirt, blindfold them, spin them around a few times, and theyre good to go. A swift thrust of your boot to the back of their knees should ensure a timely exit before they start second-guessing their equipment again.

So... who here wants a mentor? :)
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving
"Hey, these cookies don't taste anything like girl scouts..."

I like to visually check for twists in the harness, leg & chest strap routing, 3-rings and cutaway handle (sometimes even if they have integrated risers...), pin tension or velcro priming. I then like to open up the packjob, check brake line routing to ensure that they are set properly, and then pull the packjob out to line stretch and ensure that the tailgate is properly set, if necessary. Then I grab a ruler and measure the folds to ensure proper symmetry, before daisychaining all the lines back up, duct taping them into the tail pocket, and replacing the packjob into the tray with a few twists. Tie a pullup around the pilot chute and stuff it down their shirt, blindfold them, spin them around a few times, and theyre good to go. A swift thrust of your boot to the back of their knees should ensure a timely exit before they start second-guessing their equipment again.

So... who here wants a mentor? :)

Why im a retard:

-I though this was a serious post without even reading it cause it was from you,
-I thought it was a serious post even halfway through reading it.

Im shocked that you, after jumping with me before, would think that I could ever remember to bring a ruler and duct tape on a jump... I have a hard enough time remembering things like stashbags and shoes :P
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving

what if yout on a big tower and its windy like it was that one time? when we floated the bitch and Mac got jealous and bitched at us? how do you pull you canopy to line stretch to check it then?

by throwing the pilot chute.
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving

well its in my part of chek up just before exit,but has to say that if my legstraps aint right ill feel it,the padding wont feel good.

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

by throwing the pilot chute.

don't you mean by rubbing your back against something until the packjob falls out and inflates on it's own ? It's less work after all.

-I start at the top and work down.
Chinstrap
Cheststrap
Legstraps
Bridle clear or SL clear
SL tied at both ends
Shoelaces...bigger than you might think
and finally turn and make a site check, do you have everything? I've left stuff behind before I included this.

Helmet Chin Strap ? ya know, Some people read this and just roll there eyes ...:S, like you are being anal over cautious. but,

No shit, On one Antenna load I was doing. I was down below just after landing and was shoving my shit into my stash-bag. I hear a body in FF and there canopy setup and open up from another jumper on the same load right after me.
Then suddenly and fast, I hear, SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. (the sound) of something in freefall but weird sound.
Then a few yards away from where I am standing and stashing my gear. THWoooooooooooP, a Helmet smacks the ground.

No shit, On one Antenna load I was doing. I was down below just after landing and was shoving my shit into my stash-bag. I hear a body in FF and there canopy setup and open up from another jumper on the same load right after me.
Then suddenly and fast, I hear, SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. (the sound) of something in freefall but weird sound.
Then a few yards away from where I am standing and stashing my gear. THWoooooooooooP, a Helmet smacks the ground.

I had a very similar experience, except I was watching from the exit point, and my friend had the helmet fall down over his eyes. He reached up with both hands and jettisoned it in freefall about 2 seconds down. Fortunately he then took another 8 or so, and was well clear of the opening area by the time the helmet came whizzing by.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

In Kjerag when I was a newbie …

- How do I look?
- You look just fine
- Thank you, but I was asking about the gear …

PerFlare

It`s even more now..color coding is the most important thing in BASE, specially in kjerag..and if the jump aren`t filmed..it`s never happen..